All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wombatify
join:2014-10-14
Australia

wombatify

Disk Utility will format a USB stick as NTFS-3G. It won't mount.

Click for full size
It used to be the case that Disk Utility gave only one choice for a USB file system - the ancient Windows FAT (File Allocation Table, IIRC).
I am attempting to transfer some music, hopefully with useful filenames, and maybe even some metadata. I could not believe my eyes when it offered Windows NT File System (NTFS-3G). This looked hopeful, but I was surprised that it refused to mount.
Does anyone know what the error message means, or how to obtain the apparently missing file (library object, whatever)?

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

BTW there's a better option for USB sticks/drives that you can use crossplatform, it's called ExFAT. It works read/write across all platforms (XP needs an update), but it works on Vista or later, and Snow Leopard (10.6) or later, and has no file size limitation like FAT32.

Asdr
@70.160.229.x

Asdr to wombatify

Anon

to wombatify
You need fuse mac fuse if I remember right

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to wombatify

MVM,

to wombatify
OS X does not include NTFS-3G. You must've installed some software that uses it (maybe some kind of Virtual Machine? Or the NTFS-3G package itself?).

Based on the error message, you need to reinstall whatever software package that included it. Some help on using NTFS-3G here:
»www.macbreaker.com/2014/ ··· ard.html