All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
harald
join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH

harald

uTorrent killing ISP across home network

Are you uploading content which you own? I don't care much for the folks that prowl for uploaders, but they are there and if you get caught with somebody elses movie or nekkid ladies on your upload expect to pay big bucks.

maartena
Elmo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Orange, CA

maartena

Premium Member

said by harald:

Are you uploading content which you own? I don't care much for the folks that prowl for uploaders, but they are there and if you get caught with somebody elses movie or nekkid ladies on your upload expect to pay big bucks.

This has nothing to do with the question asked. He may as well upload to open source projects, many of which use torrents as a download option as it saves on their bandwidth bills. (and not just Linux, either)

If he isn't saying he is downloading illegal movies, don't assume he is, and don't change the topic into a discussion about copyright.
harald
join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH

harald

I have no interest in discussing copyright, in this or any other thread. I merely offered a caution. I believe that the reality is that there are very few people who use Tor for uses as you have described. The poster himself indicates that he has his system open for uploads.
System

to harald

Anon

to harald
This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course