Search similar:

uniqs
opinionmine
join:2006-03-10

2 edits

opinionmine to webcobbler

to webcobbler

Re: FIOS app on Samsung TV

They obviously have not returned the app to the TV but at least it was working on my blu-ray player.

Up to this morning.

First, same as the TV, it was attempting to find the network, with the spinning wheel.

After a few moments of that, a message that the device wasn't registered. It was, been using it for over a year.

So I registered with our FIOS account info.

Then just back to the spinning wheel.

I hope it's just a temporary glitch. Had a problem almost exactly a month ago, also couldn't find network for a few hours. Then it came back. Difference this time is that the wheel just spins, like it did on the TV before it was removed, without the pauses that usually meant it was working. 

Worried.

Addendum: Came back after several hours. Real relief after the way they treated the TV app.
opinionmine

opinionmine

Whether on your TV or blu-ray, if the FIOS app is working for you, is anyone else having an issue with some of the channels not loading?

I noticed CNBC not loading since Friday. Because FoxNews and FoxBusiness are loading I thought the issue was CNBC only. Randomly today I checked other channels and it looks like some others are also not loading, SPIKE and USA for example.
Sasa
join:2001-09-22
Universe

Sasa

I saw that some channels were not loading (Epix, Cinemax, HBO) while others were working (History2) when I tried it couple of days ago.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

The FiOS TV app has been gone from my TV as well with many other people's for a month or two now.

I am surprised you, and a couple people can still access it in one form, or another.
Sasa
Universe

Sasa

It's working on my 2 Blu-ray players (model F7500) but disappeared from my 2 TVs (ES8000)

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler

I don't know if it's a hardware/software or just a lazy, non-implementation issue for the TLS fix, but it seems that any of the "E" models (2012?) and earlier no longer play well with whatever has gone down with Samsung's FiOS TV app.

I online chatted with a Samsung rep a few days ago to see if I could get an update and, initially, he didn't know what I was talking about but I finally got the canned answer: "If the other apps are working, it's not a problem with the player so there was nothing he could do about it."

I got frustrated and just signed off.

I also tried to de-authorize my BD-E5900 with Verizon so that it would free up one of the 5 device slots for authorized devices (STBs take up one of them) but the bloomin' link doesn't work. So, now I have an authorized device that doesn't work and can't be removed from the device database. (If there is another way to do it, I'd appreciate someone posting it, if they know...)

If you go to this page:

»www.verizon.com/support/ ··· ices.htm

It shows a link to do it (~2/3 the way down the page), but it is not functional.

If you try to enter that URL in the browser, »www.verizon.com/fiosdevices you get dumped to a V* on demand movie page.

I can't de-authorize it through the player, since the app has been removed, by Samsung (I don't think you could do it that way anyway).

This whole thing has turned into the proverbial red-headed stepchild from both Samsung's and Verizon's ends.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

You can also de-authorize devices using the FiOS Mobile app (at least in the Android version I use).

Samsung is not known for fixing bugs quickly at all. I monitor a Samsung UHD TV forum and the Samsung's software bugs could bring a building down faster than all termites on earth. They seem to have bugs, tinker with them, eventually fix them, and then break other things.

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler

said by PJL:

You can also de-authorize devices using the FiOS Mobile app (at least in the Android version I use).

That's part of the problem - I don't have any Android devices - still use an old flip-phone and have no tablet.
said by PJL:

...Samsung's software bugs could bring a building down faster than all termites on earth. They seem to have bugs, tinker with them, eventually fix them, and then break other things.

That one got me chuckling...
webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Any updates to this FiOS TV App?

Is it gone forever? What is the story from the inside?

Thanks.

Rattler
Havertown, PA

Rattler

Last night I did my weekly search of Samsung apps. When I searched on "fios", the FiOS TV app showed up on the result list as available under the video heading. This has not been the case for several months. When I tried to download and install it, it just hung in the spinning "loading" box screen (other apps did get to the install screen) and I had to exit out of the screen.

However, when I scrolled through the "video" app category, it did NOT appear as an available selection. This was on my BD-E5900 BluRay player. Maybe there is some progress on resurrecting it.

Onedollar
join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA

Onedollar to webcobbler

to webcobbler
Gone Forever
tnsprin
join:2003-07-23
Bradenton, FL

tnsprin to Rattler

to Rattler
Seeing the same thing on one of two (different models) "E" series TV
said by Rattler:

Last night I did my weekly search of Samsung apps. When I searched on "fios", the FiOS TV app showed up on the result list as available under the video heading. This has not been the case for several months. When I tried to download and install it, it just hung in the spinning "loading" box screen (other apps did get to the install screen) and I had to exit out of the screen.

However, when I scrolled through the "video" app category, it did NOT appear as an available selection. This was on my BD-E5900 BluRay player. Maybe there is some progress on resurrecting it.

webcobbler
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to Rattler

to Rattler
Rattler,

a couple of things:

1) I just did a search on my 2012 EH5300 32" Samsung. It did not show up. Too bad.

However, there was a Firmware update - upgrading from 002002 to 002003. It has been awhile since I checked that.

2) I visited my sister over the weekend, and she has a 2011 46 inch D7000 Samsung. Under her Smart Hub, she DOES have the FiOS TV App. PLUS it still works as it should. No problems whatsoever.

I was amazed.

Maybe I can convince her to get a new TV, so I can have hers. Just for the App. lol
webcobbler

webcobbler to tnsprin

to tnsprin
tnsprin,

I did look it up that way tonight via search. I did "FiOS TV" , and "fios". Neither one showed up for me.
opinionmine
join:2006-03-10

opinionmine to tnsprin

to tnsprin
said by tnsprin:

Seeing the same thing on one of two (different models) "E" series TV

said by Rattler:

Last night I did my weekly search of Samsung apps. When I searched on "fios", the FiOS TV app showed up on the result list as available under the video heading. This has not been the case for several months. When I tried to download and install it, it just hung in the spinning "loading" box screen

Read your comment and had the same result.

Searched for FIOS on our TV, it showed up in search [only] and hung on loading.
Sasa
Universe

Sasa

Same result on my ES8000 Tvs