All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
coolbiker3
join:2004-09-11
Highland Mills, NY

coolbiker3

mbr1213 what is it and how do I squash it?

I'm having issues with this and mbr1212 on frontier internet. The tech I spoke to didn't seem to know what it was or that yahoo was a backend to thier services (frontier sent out an email a while back notifying users of the change)

When it works I can get it when it doesn't it says the server password had changed and to retype it over and over.

Hope someone can provide feedback or get the original post opened again. I'm considered new here so I can't post there.

Thanks,
ME
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

lawsoncl

Perhaps some more details would help. I had to google to even figure out you're talking about an error with yahoo email.
Search Results

#MBR1212 ==> Incorrect username or password
#MBR1213 ==> Error connecting to account

You have any antivirus or security software installed that might be interfering?

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank to coolbiker3

Premium Member

to coolbiker3
I believe this is an issue with some of the Yahoo mail servers. a few of us have reported this problem in the past. It shows up on one of my Frontier accounts on a regular basis and one other periodically. It does not ever occur on another email account I have that uses another email service. lawsonci is correct your post is very hard to understand what you are really talking about.
coolbiker3
Highland Mills, NY

coolbiker3

If I knew what the problem was myself I could give more details. The only other place having this issue near by is a restaurant and I'm hoping they get a solution since they probably have to pay a premium for their support.

I can't get consistant connection to my email with my correct password and tech didn't have a clue.

Any chance when you googled you.find anything with a fix on the consumer end. My search brought me to the canadian dsl reports area and they didn't get a fix either.

Its happening on my samsung 4, windows live mail on my pc(don't have any macs) AND just plain logging into webmail.
coolbiker3

coolbiker3

At least temporally setting up my phone from the yahoo setup got me in to my email on my phone but the settings I can see look like what I had when I let it set me up through the pop3 setup. I wonder how I'd have to tweak that on my pc if yahoo setup did anything special I can't see.

I would note that with the settings apparently it has something to do with receiving and not sending since it would let me set that up with no trouble with no mbr errors.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

Yes, I and others are aware that the CSR's have little if any understanding of the issue. In Yahoo's defense I am not certain if it is their servers or the connection between Frontier and Yahoo. My understanding is that the Frontier technicians or engineers do not have access to the mail servers, which is understandable. Ask the Area Engineer or GM to report the issue to Yahoo. One thing that has helped, and it may just be my perception, is to set up your email to use SSL. The issue ceased on 3 of my 4 email accounts and on the 4th has lessened to an acceptable level. As you mentioned the issue does not show up when accessing the mail account via web mail portal.

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY

Smith6612

MVM

Doesn't Yahoo Mail require SSL to be used to begin with? I can't imagine the e-mail servers allowing a connection without at least a STARTTLS command being issued.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

When I first switched over I did not run SSL for several months. If do not know if that has changed.
lawsoncl
join:2008-10-28
Spirit Lake, ID

lawsoncl to Smith6612

to Smith6612
said by Smith6612:

Doesn't Yahoo Mail require SSL to be used to begin with?

That's what I thought as well. Check the links below for the required settings. I had to switch to SSL way back when, but I don't even use or check my frontier yahoo account anymore.

»help.yahoo.com/l/us/fron ··· 445.html
»www.frontierhelp.com/faq ··· atid=320
»frontier.com/helpcenter/ ··· laxy-s3-

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

OK, I just changed one of my accounts back to non-encrypted and it works just fine.
coolbiker3
Highland Mills, NY

coolbiker3

It wierd that it doesn't seem to matter. Using the yahoo setting is now [silencing?] the error but still happening i had no mail till i logged onto mail.yahoo.com and then it started coming down to my mail app. I'm going to give my email a chance to self log out then I'll try no ssl.

Does yahoo have a non paid email to ask about this issue. At least remind them its making a comeback. I did a bad survey for my tech[which didn't even check my email setup], so I'm expecting someones looking into my problem further on frontiers side and call me back sometime. Frontiers usually good like that.

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

The last callback I had after completing a survey ended with them saying they would have someone higher up the food chain call me. That call has never materialized.