spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ana
@99.237.241.x

ana

Anon

Rogers Pvr

Can I add two PVRs to one TV... If Yes How. One is attached right now and i would like to attach second one so I can program different programs.
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

Yes, you'd just set it up to a different input on your TV.
You'd need to split the cable to your existing pvr, so it could feed both boxes. Put one on HDMI 1 one on HDMI 2. Providing you have multiple inputs.

The only drawback is that both boxes will react to the same remote.

If you're looking to just record more than 2 programs at the same time, upgrade your PVR to a nextbox 3.

It will record 8 programs at the same time.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk

If he/she manually turns on the PVR to use by pressing the button at the front of the unit, then the unit left off would not react to the remote.
cepnot4me
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

True, but realistically if you're adding a pvr to record more, you're sitting down. Scheduling your programs or navigating the two to playback recordings. At $20/month to rent a PVR, $40 for two, an extra $6.99 if the extra outlet fee isn't included in the monthly subscription, so almost if not more than $50/month to set up two PVRs then truly, why deal with powering one on, powering the other off and alternating them?

Next box 3. 8 program recording.
Or, if you want two cause you just don't like the next 3.

Get whole home pvr with two 8642s, one at your TV, one in another room.

They can playback each others programs if set up in whole home pvr.

Still more expensive of an option than getting a next 3, but to each their own.
wayner92
join:2006-01-17
Toronto, ON

wayner92 to ana

to ana
But the person may have some older SA8300s that are already paid for so the montly cost in that instance is pretty low. I was given one of these by a friend when he went to the Nextbox 3.0 boxes.
cepnot4me
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

I thought about that, cheaper to buy 4 8300s off kijiji, than it is to rent a next 3.
I had customers who set up 2 PVRs to dual tuner tvs and then used the tvs picture in picture function. There are some good reasons to have 2 set top boxes.