Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

1 edit

Packeteers

Premium Member

Big Hero 6 - out Nov7 cgi Disney

Disney rendered its new animated film on a 55,000-core supercomputer
»www.engadget.com/2014/10 ··· -hero-6/
"This movie's so complex that humans couldn't actually handle the complexity. We have to come up with automated systems,"

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· iFxZIJOQ

From Walt Disney Animation Studios, the team behind "Frozen" and "Wreck-It Ralph," comes "Big Hero 6," an action-packed comedy-adventure about the special bond that develops between Baymax, a plus-sized inflatable robot, and prodigy Hiro Hamada. When a devastating event befalls the city of San Fransokyo and catapults Hiro into the midst of danger, he turns to Baymax and his close friends adrenaline junkie Go Go Tomago, neatnik Wasabi, chemistry whiz Honey Lemon and fanboy Fred. Determined to uncover the mystery, Hiro transforms his friends into a band of high-tech heroes called "Big Hero 6."

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· MPpKMdcc

there will be a critically acclaimed animated short before the film, so don't come late;
»blogs.indiewire.com/thom ··· 20141018

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· YLAbhyxc

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Wow! That's amazing.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

1 recommendation

juilinsandar to Packeteers

Premium Member

to Packeteers
Just got out of a packed theatre. Damn good movie. Great for the whole family. It'll wring out some tears here and there but overall it's funny with lots of action. I saw the non 3d showing, but left wishing I'd watched it in 3D. Also there's an extra scene after the looooooooong credit roll. See it and decide for yourself if it was worth it waiting for it. Me and 2 theater attendants were the only ones who stayed behind to see it. They had to be there though. Even my guests left for the restroom.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Packeteers

MVM

to Packeteers
My Wife and I took the kids to see this on its opening day. Our 6yr old wanted to see it in the worst way. He and his sister had a half day at school so we cought the one of the first shows in 3D. The theater was mostly empty.

No complaints on my part. It was a fun ride for all. It didn't make me feel like a big kid that enjoyed the movie more so then the little ones but it was still quite entertaining.

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

1 recommendation

captokita to Packeteers

Premium Member

to Packeteers
Took the wife to this yesterday for her b-day, and we both enjoyed it. I thought the short before the film was heartwarming as well.

Yes, stay through the credits, it's worth it.

The movie itself was great, even if it wasn't anything "new" - this story has been done before, but that's not a bad thing, and doesn't take away any of the emotions the film throws at you.

Though I was reminded why I hate going to the movies, especially when it's considered a kids film. PEOPLE.

People that bring INFANTS to a movie! I mean, WTF? Then when said infant starts screaming because, well, it's an INFANT, and has no need to be in a loud, dark, place, these awesome people don't take it outside! Seriously, WTF? Then the other people that take their obviously SICK kids too, and they hack through the movie. Nice.

Still, annoying, ignorant people aside, it was a great film. I'll likely buy it when it comes out on BD.

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside to Packeteers

to Packeteers
The sci-fi geek that I am I'm trying to wrap my head around the mechanics of an inflatable robot. How does it work? Is his outer skin some kind of "mechanical polymer"? Does it use some kind of force field to manipulate the air inside? Nano-processors? The concept fascinates me.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers

Premium Member

well, if you think about it - human beings are walking water balloons, so with the right materials a robot could be a walking air balloon. besides being a nice thing to hug, a robotic flotation device could be a great way to automatically save people from drowning. but honestly, i'm sure being a walking balloon was simply a way Disney could show off it's 64,000 core array based CGI capability.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Packeteers

to Packeteers
Definitely want to see this.

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100

Packeteers

Premium Member

i just saw this after work in Real-3D (i felt guilty after low res'sing intersteller)

definitely do not waste 20 min of your life waiting for the after credits nostalgic scene.
BH6 was good, but not a must see unless you got a family to make all movie happy.
it really sucks to be a white guy in this movie - each one is rich inept corrupt selfish...
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

well gotta admit the real world has given them lots of perfect examples to base their corrupt types after. banking industry, oil execs, congress, wall street...