spc
Search similar:

uniqs

MacBookUser
@46.24.244.x

MacBookUser

Anon

[BC] IMAP with Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite

I've just upgraded to Mac OS 10.10 (Yosemite). The Mail app has started to give me the following message: "Mail cannot send your password securely to the server. You can remove this restriction in the Accounts preferences by setting 'Allow insecure authentication', which could put your password at risk." This has only started since installing Yosemite. I'm using IMAP, no SSL, port 143, all as should be, and nothing else has changed on my MacBook Pro - and my other e-mail accounts (POP and IMAP) all continue to work, although other IMAP accounts use SSL.

BigMac
@220.239.201.x

BigMac

Anon

Same problem for me, exactly the same situation. Any help would be great.
Symtex
join:2005-04-06
Burnaby, BC

Symtex

I found someone with the same problem

»forums.macrumors.com/sho ··· =1740626
Post # 10

I found another forum post on here regarding the same issues with IMAP, and the solution was to uncheck the option under mail preferences -> accounts -> advanced -> and UNCHECK "automatically detect and maintain account settings". I unchecked for all accounts, closed and reopened mail, and every email that has come in to these accounts since I installed Yosemite finally all downloaded. Hope it works for others as well.

YSam
@216.232.254.x

YSam

Anon

The bigger problem is that Telus still doesn't support SSL on imap, pop, and smtp.

Yosemite is trying to give the hint that email connections without SSL should never be used.

The fact that you need a deeply hidden option to allow it to work should be the tip-off.

Big Ben
@206.87.164.x

Big Ben to Symtex

Anon

to Symtex
Yes but can you send and receive outside a telus network. Ie if you are on Shaw or some other IS cna you send? In the past to do this I had to use port 1025 in SMTP and use password authentication. In Yosemetie this does not work so I have to revert to Thunderbird for my Telus mail as I can receive in Apple Mail when I am outside my telus network

Retired
@50.92.182.x

Retired to Symtex

Anon

to Symtex
I also had to check "Allow insecure authorization" on the same page, then erase imap from the keychain before restarting apple mail. Now it works.

BTW to download Yosemite, as well as IOS 8.1 I had to use a VPN program. With out using it, the downloads over my 15M TELUS DSL was going to take more than 2 days

lajava
@154.5.5.x

lajava

Anon

Had same problem; this cleared it up. Thanks .

que_ball
join:2004-05-11
Edmonton, AB

que_ball to MacBookUser

to MacBookUser
Have you been hit with the memory leak in Yosemite mail? If so disable store drafts on server in mailbox behaviours. Usually it crops up when you try to drag an attachment into a new message you are composing. You loose the ability to continue composing a new draft from another device if not stored on the server.

Found a few bugs in Yosemite mail. Most of the bugs I found when using an exchange server (Office365). But the memory leak one seems to happen on IMAP as well.

mac retina
@108.180.2.x

mac retina to lajava

Anon

to lajava
was finally also able to get Telus to work using the following:
open mail > preferences (choose Telus acct)>advanced> uncheck :automatically detect and maintain account setting > check : allow insecure authentication
save the new settings , log out of mail completely and when you log back in the count should be back online.

Hope this helps save some time for anyone having the same issue.