spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Lubos
@82.119.126.x

Lubos

Anon

[Firmware] Belkin help firmware

When I yesterday updated a firmware of my Belkin N+ Wireless Router, F5D8235-4 – into version: 1.01.28. I can not access into security wireless setup. Can I downgrade to original firmware? Link pls.

Reason for doing that was to many attacks into my router, every 2 minutes.
So I was looking for better solution.
But you know, do not touch if something is going well

Rgards Lubos

BlueMist
join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

2 edits

1 recommendation

BlueMist

If it will let you order the router to reset to factory defaults and or clear the NVRAM values.

Not all firmware keeps the options in the same memory location and by resetting the unit to factory it should zero everything and start over.

Then go to the wireless section and see if it is working properly again.

If the unit will not allow you to reset it to factory defaults from the menu then you may have to do what's called the 30-30-30 reset.

»www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/inde ··· 30/30/30

True, they are talking about DD-WRT firmware but the reset may be needed even for factory firmware upgrades when things go wrong.

It may be necessary to reload the factory firmware after a reset like this but usually not. Like they talk about in the above link, various brands and models respond differently at times.

Edit-
One last note, I see on the Belkin web site there are more than one hardware version of that model and they take different firmware's. Verify the firmware you loaded was created for the actual hardware version your device was created with.
»www.belkin.com/us/suppor ··· Num=4854