I'll be downloading as soon as I get home from work

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
A lot of stuff in this update doesn't apply to me I guess, I don't use Mac as my desktop, or apple iwork apps so continuity stuff doesnt really apply to me, apple pay is not supported so theres that...

I guess I only welcome camera roll back!
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

Daemon to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

Wow. 1.9GB for my iPhone 6, which is running a developer build of 8.1 already.

Dev versions are compiled with debug symbols, which may explain the big difference.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Good point! That's probably it.

FWIW, it's running fine now. Just took some time to upgrade.
Daemon
Premium Member
join:2003-06-29
Washington, DC

Daemon to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

Download for iPad Air (1) is 97MB, room needed for install is 2.2GB

I believe that's because 8.0 is duplicated as a backup before the install begins, so your phone is still bootable if the install fails for some reason.

(I recently had an iOS 5-->8 upgrade fail on a friends phone, which required DFU to redo and resulted in a factory reset phone--thank god for backups)

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
hopefully some wifi fixes or the wife and daughter are going to run me out of the house....

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt

Premium Member

I seem to have an extra signal dot here in the office, which is odd, it always sat at 1 bar ever since I got the iPhone 6.

Apple tinkering with the "accuracy" of the signal dots again?

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Anyone else stuck at downloading and not moving?

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Now that 8.1 is released, beta.icloud.com is showing Photos if you have iCloud Photo Library enabled.. I've had Photo Library enabled since the betas of 8.0 and was wondering when I'd be able to access my photos on a computer again.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

See my post above about my enabling of this...is this normal. All pics have now been deleted off the phone and All Photos and Recently Deleted are the two folders I'm left with. They both have zero in them.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
Looks like we might not get Apple Pay in Canada for a year or more, if this has any weight to it...

»www.iphoneincanada.ca/ne ··· ple-pay/

It sucks that the phone finally has NFC hardware, but its unable to be used if Apple doesnt make an agreement with the banks in each region to make a fucking profit from it...

techguyga
Premium Member
join:2003-12-31

1 recommendation

techguyga to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
I read in the release notes that there are WiFi and Bluetooth bug fixes, but I don't remember what the specific fixes are.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to GuruGuy

MVM,

to GuruGuy
Click for full size
Check your settings. Settings > Photos & Camera

Should either say "X Photos to Upload" or "Last updated X minutes ago".

If you enabled the Optimize iPhone Storage option, then it might not download the photo to the phone until you look at it full screen, while storing photos you take with the phone at a lower resolution.

techguyga
Premium Member
join:2003-12-31
ARRIS BGW210-700

techguyga to ptrowski

Premium Member

to ptrowski
Here's the full list...

Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (U.S. only)

Photos include new features, improvements, and fixes
-Adds iCloud Photo Library as a beta service
- Adds Camera Roll album in Photos app and My Photo Stream album when iCloud Photo Library is not enabled
- Provides alerts when running low on space before capturing Time Lapse videos

Messages includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds the ability for iPhone users to send and receive SMS and MMS text messages on from their iPad and Mac
- Resolves an issue where search would sometimes not display results
- Fixes a bug that caused read messages not to be marked as read
- Fixes issues with group messaging

Resolves issues with Wi-Fi performance that could occur when connected to some base stations
Fixes an issue that could prevent connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices
Fixes bugs that could cause screen rotation to stop working
Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play
Adds an option to select between 2G, 3G, or LTE networks for cellular data
Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play
Adds AirDrop support for Passbook passes
Adds an option to enable Dictation in Settings for Keyboards, Separate from Siri
Enables HealthKit apps to access data in the background

Accessibility improvements and fixes
- Fixes an issue that prevented Guided Access from working properly
- Fixes a bug where VoiceOver would not work with 3rd party keyboards
- Improves stability and audio quality when using MFi Hearing Aids with iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue with VoiceOver where tone dialing would get stuck on tone until dialing another number
- Improves reliability when using handwriting, Bluetooth keyboards, and Braille displays with VoiceOver

Fixes an issue that was preventing the use of OS X Caching Server for iOS updates
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned) to WK2

to WK2
some guy had to run to MCDs to try it out, lol...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· sPvpY7GU

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Looks like we might not get Apple Pay in Canada for a year or more, if this has any weight to it...

»www.iphoneincanada.ca/ne ··· ple-pay/

It sucks that the phone finally has NFC hardware, but its unable to be used if Apple doesnt make an agreement with the banks in each region to make a fucking profit from it...

From the article: "There are a lot of regulatory things they will have to work out," he said, pointing out that Canadians are not without their options. "We have a mobile wallet. We can do what Apple Pay does. You could have done it a few months ago."

From TD's website: "Any TD EasyWeb customer with a supported Android or Blackberry smartphone, eligible TD Credit Card and the TD app can enjoy using TD Mobile Payment."

Admittedly, it's only with the 6/6+ that an iPhone even had an NFC chip in it. So TD couldn't have provided this service to iOS users. But to suggest that you could have done the same "months ago" as Apple Pay is now rolling out is nonsense. Apple Pay is for iOS users. TD Mobile Wallet is (currently) not.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to Thinkdiff

Premium Member

to Thinkdiff
Says last updated x minutes ago. No photos in the photo app or in the beta icloud website. No way it uploaded 10k pics within two minutes. It certainly deleted them off the phone that quick though.

Optimize is chosen.

Look at what full screen. Nothing there to look at?

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to techguyga

Premium Member

to techguyga
Thanks techguyga, I appreciate it.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Styvas

Premium Member

to Styvas
said by Styvas:

From the article: "There are a lot of regulatory things they will have to work out," he said, pointing out that Canadians are not without their options. "We have a mobile wallet. We can do what Apple Pay does. You could have done it a few months ago."

From TD's website: "Any TD EasyWeb customer with a supported Android or Blackberry smartphone, eligible TD Credit Card and the TD app can enjoy using TD Mobile Payment."

Admittedly, it's only with the 6/6+ that an iPhone even had an NFC chip in it. So TD couldn't have provided this service to iOS users. But to suggest that you could have done the same "months ago" as Apple Pay is now rolling out is nonsense. Apple Pay is for iOS users. TD Mobile Wallet is (currently) not.

Yeah, the TD NFC thing is of course only limited to TD issued cards.

It sucks that they couldn't have at least enabled credit cards like Visa, MC, Amex, and waited to make deals with banks for debit card usage later...

I have a feeling that we might have to wait until iOS9 when NFC along with TouchID will be allowed to be used with 3rd party apps, then our lovely banks will make individual apps to support their own cards only.

But if Apple keeps NFC completely locked down to ApplePay even in the future, we might be waiting longer than a year even.
HiVolt

HiVolt to techguyga

Premium Member

to techguyga
I hope it fixes iTunes WiFi Sync. It's been completely broken since I updated to iOS8.0.2, while working on the initial iOS8 release.

Black_Mage
Premium Member
join:2012-09-12
USA

Black_Mage to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
Well that was cute. I was in the middle of typing that I updated the iPad mini when I started pressing back space several times and the god damn keyboard quit responding. Maybe the original iPad mini just can't handle iOS 8.

RickNY
Premium Member
Bellport, NY

RickNY to GuruGuy

Premium Member

to GuruGuy
said by GuruGuy:

See my post above about my enabling of this...is this normal. All pics have now been deleted off the phone and All Photos and Recently Deleted are the two folders I'm left with. They both have zero in them.

Go into all photos while you are on WiFi... When I enabled this when it first showed up in beta on 8.0, it took a few minutes and then the photos started re-appearing gradually.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
My update is stuck on downloading, I rebooted the phone 3 times already and gets stuck

RickNY
Premium Member
Bellport, NY

RickNY to techguyga

Premium Member

to techguyga
said by techguyga:

Here's the full list...

Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (U.S. only)

Photos include new features, improvements, and fixes
-Adds iCloud Photo Library as a beta service
- Adds Camera Roll album in Photos app and My Photo Stream album when iCloud Photo Library is not enabled

(Snip)

Also should note -- if iCloud Photo Library is enabled, you now have the category "All Photos" (previously, if you were using this during beta, you only had 'Recent Photos', and to access all of your photos, you had to go into the collections section - which was annoying)

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to RickNY

Premium Member

to RickNY
Nope, nothing.

Deleted all the pics and shows no progress whatsoever that it's doing anything. It shouldn't have even turned on since I have over 5gb of pics. I thought it was supposed to prompt you at that point to choose an upgrade plan. It did not.

Hiccup in the system someplace. For now I have turned it back off and will have to sync with iTunes to get all my pics back on the device. Fail.

Styvas
Who are we? Forge FC!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

Styvas to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Yeah, the TD NFC thing is of course only limited to TD issued cards.

And not even Visa Debit. It appears that it must be using a TD Visa credit card.

Dan Given
Premium Member
join:2001-03-16
Fort Worth, TX

Dan Given to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
My experience: took about 25 min. Via wifi with my 'new' ipad. Still has issues with jerky animation/transition first seen after the 8.0 update.

enon
@96.26.101.x

enon to WK2

Anon

to WK2
Anyone else encounter this? After applying the OTA update, I went to make a phone call using my Mac (as I have been doing just fine for the past several weeks) and the Mac said my phone wasn't set up for cellular calls. So I walked over to my phone and checked the settings, and sure enough, "iPhone Cellular Calls" is toggled off. I went to turn it back on and got the following pop-up:

"Cannot Turn On iPhone Cellular Calls: FaceTime and iCloud must be signed in to the same Apple ID to use iPhone Cellular Calls."

I am using the same Apple ID.. the only Apple ID I've ever had. It was working fine before and I haven't changed anything other than updating iOS. I tried signing out and back in to FaceTime on the iPhone but it still won't work. Anyone else?

A bit of good news: Apple seems to have finally squashed the duplicate, unremovable BlueTooth devices bug.

mityfowl
Premium Member
join:2000-11-06
Dallas, TX

mityfowl to WK2

Premium Member

to WK2
No issues with an updated iPhone 5.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to enon

Premium Member

to enon
I have seen that exact message before, although not in regard to the phone sharing. If you have multiple email addresses assigned to your iCloud account, then you'll need to make sure you use the exact same one on all devices. Not sure why since they are all associated with one iCloud account, but that was what I found out.

For example, I got that error when one device was signed in with a icloud.com account and another device was signed in with a me.com account. Both were the same iCloud account.

Compare your devices and see if you are signed in with the exact same email address.