uniqs

Dan Given
Premium Member
join:2001-03-16
Fort Worth, TX

Dan Given

Premium Member

FYI Apple TV update today too

While waiting for the iOS 8.1 update to finish I checked Apple TV and version 7.0.1 was ready to download.

AppleTV user
@73.160.110.x

AppleTV user

Anon

said by Dan Given:

While waiting for the iOS 8.1 update to finish I checked Apple TV and version 7.0.1 was ready to download.

The latest Apple TV update to version 7 is only available to 3rd generation Apple TVs. 2nd generation is stuck at version 6.2.1

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Dan Given

Premium Member

to Dan Given
Thanks for the heads up

DaSneaky1D
what's up
MVM
join:2001-03-29
The Lou

DaSneaky1D to Dan Given

MVM

to Dan Given
I just installed it on my Gen 3 and I noticed that I can't see my ATV as an Airplay device on my iPhone (8.1) if the unit is sleeping. I have to turn it on first, then it shows up. I also have to wake it up with the remote control before I can use the Remote app on my phone.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by DaSneaky1D:

I just installed it on my Gen 3 and I noticed that I can't see my ATV as an Airplay device on my iPhone (8.1) if the unit is sleeping. I have to turn it on first, then it shows up. I also have to wake it up with the remote control before I can use the Remote app on my phone.

I turned off sleep on my ATVs years ago as they would never wake from sleep from iTunes. I've had that problem for a while.

DaSneaky1D
what's up
MVM
join:2001-03-29
The Lou

DaSneaky1D

MVM

I think I'll try that. I didn't know if keeping it on would cause issues. I normally keep it off simply to avoid the light from being on.

Tinkster
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Rosedale, MD

Tinkster to Dan Given

Premium Member

to Dan Given
Some security info on the update.

»support.apple.com/kb/HT6542