spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jones23
@72.69.135.x

jones23

Anon

Netgear X6 R8000 AC3200 - Connection issue

I'm trying to connect my new Netgear X6 R8000 AC3200 router as primary on FIOS and no matter what it will NOT get an IP or connect with FIOS. I have tried everything, from PPPoE (guest, space), uplugging wire & battery to reboot ONT, to mac cloning. I currently have it setup as an old N DD-WRT netgear as the primary router and it works fine getting an IP from verizon and connecting. Has anyone else had this issue with this router or similar and is there a fix for it?
Thanks!

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

Did you release the Actiontec's DHCP address before switching routers? If you didn't you won't get a DHCP address until the Actiontec's DHCP lease expires.
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »How do I release my DHCP lease? Why would I need to?

jones23
@96.250.112.x

jones23

Anon

said by More Fiber:

Did you release the Actiontec's DHCP address before switching routers? If you didn't you won't get a DHCP address until the Actiontec's DHCP lease expires.
»Verizon FiOS FAQ »How do I release my DHCP lease? Why would I need to?

I had tried releasing the IP from the ActionTec and it did not work, but I did not try from the old netgear. After releasing the IP from my old N DDWRT router it just worked! So happy... thanks!!!! I'm seeing a new speed difference already.