uniqs

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

why have a tablet account on att?

When I was with T-Mobile, I had two iPhone 5s and I picked up the iPad Air LTE at the Wi-Fi price. The tablet was "free" for a period of time. I then switched to ATT and took the tablet with me. However, I pay $10 a month for it and i use at most a couple hundred megs a month on the Air. Since I don't get an extra bucket of data to use with the iPad, I'm thinking why am I paying ATT $10 more a month. Is there a reason why I would keep it and not just use public wi fi or my 5s hotspot? I only have 2 gig data plan since my wife and I are almost always on wi-fi but would like to reduce my monthly fee even more.

south1178
Premium Member
join:2001-12-17
Cleveland, OH

south1178

Premium Member

If you don't use it and aren't in a contract with it, I'd drop it. You have a hotspot feature on your phone use it if you need to. Money save is money saved.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to obeythelaw

Premium Member

to obeythelaw
said by obeythelaw:

When I was with T-Mobile, I had two iPhone 5s and I picked up the iPad Air LTE at the Wi-Fi price. The tablet was "free" for a period of time. I then switched to ATT and took the tablet with me. However, I pay $10 a month for it and i use at most a couple hundred megs a month on the Air. Since I don't get an extra bucket of data to use with the iPad, I'm thinking why am I paying ATT $10 more a month. Is there a reason why I would keep it and not just use public wi fi or my 5s hotspot? I only have 2 gig data plan since my wife and I are almost always on wi-fi but would like to reduce my monthly fee even more.

If you are on the AT&T Mobile Share plans there really is no reason to have the tablet on there unless you may have your tablet at times and not your phone (highly unlikely). Otherwise, you're using the same bucket of data so you're better off connecting via the personal hotspot and saving $120/yr.