spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dsl2u
join:2012-05-16
R3L3A1
·VMedia

dsl2u

Voice print masking: Possible without sounding ridiculous?

I read a little about voice print. It uses several aspects of our voice to identify you so getting any sort of privacy is getting more and more difficult. Wondering if there is any technology that can mask our voice print without making us sounding fake. Voice print can demolish your privacy when you think about it, unless you communicate with a tin can and string.

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky

Premium Member

Give a crackhead $5 and have them do the actual talking?
OzarkEdge
join:2014-02-23
USA

OzarkEdge to dsl2u

to dsl2u
said by dsl2u:

I read a little about voice print. It uses several aspects of our voice to identify you so getting any sort of privacy is getting more and more difficult. Wondering if there is any technology that can mask our voice print without making us sounding fake. Voice print can demolish your privacy when you think about it, unless you communicate with a tin can and string.

Personal privacy is being whittled back to its bare minimum natural boundaries. I don't think you can avoid this "without sounding ridiculous".

OE
drivel
join:2013-07-12
Santa Clara, CA

drivel to dsl2u

to dsl2u
Yes, the technology does exist to change one voice to the voice pattern of another person. I am not aware of something you can buy at retail prices.

gerick
join:2001-01-17
San Antonio, TX
Google Wifi
Obihai OBi200

gerick to dsl2u

to dsl2u
Years ago, before the motherboards had pretty good audio, I had a Creative Technologies Sound Blaster Live! PCI audio card. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/So ··· er_Live!

It came with software to modify your voice. The "alien" and "chipmonk" effects did make you sound ridiculous, but the male-to-female and female-to-male weren't to bad. I assume they just varied the pitch up or down.

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO
Ubiquiti NanoBeam M5 16

Brano to drivel

MVM

to drivel
said by drivel:

Yes, the technology does exist to change one voice to the voice pattern of another person. I am not aware of something you can buy at retail prices.

The technology definitely exists. Once I came to a reception desk of one very big unnamed company and the receptionist used the telecom "Mr. Foo Bar call extension 111" with very sexy nice female voice. Then she turned to me with a smile "What can I do for you Sir" with almost a male voice of somebody who smokes 3 packs a day. .... so yeah, the technology is out there!

Davesworld
join:2007-10-30
Thermal, CA

Davesworld

said by Brano:

"What can I do for you Sir" with almost a male voice of somebody who smokes 3 packs a day. ....

Oh dear. Florinda Flemcough.

mgraves1
Premium Member
join:2004-04-05
Houston, TX

mgraves1 to dsl2u

Premium Member

to dsl2u
Actually, the combination of soft phones and tools like VoiceMeeter is making this a lot easier. Voicemeeter Pro (aka Banana) has a suite if ASIO insert points both pre and post-fader. This can be used in conjunction with an app framework to insert VST plugins into the audio streams. Such plugins are the modules used in audio editing workstations to manipulate the audio in various ways; reverb, delay, compression, gate, pitch change, etc. There are thousands of such plugins available from free to mucho $$$ pro tools.

I've been using VoiceMeeter Pro to cross connect ZipDX (Bria) to a Hangout-On-Air and my Sennheiser headset. The combination provides the multiple mix-minus feeds that are required to make it all sensible.
hoolahoous
join:2004-08-25
Red Valley, AZ

hoolahoous to dsl2u

to dsl2u
wouldnt voice to text transcription and vice versa cover this ?
both exist today, just need to hook them together.
drivel
join:2013-07-12
Santa Clara, CA

1 edit

drivel

said by hoolahoous:

wouldnt voice to text transcription and vice versa cover this ?
both exist today, just need to hook them together.

If that is all you did you would find the quality is crap. There is more to it than phonemes.
steve1111
join:2009-09-23
Albany, NY

steve1111 to dsl2u

to dsl2u
May I mention this thread:
»[CallCentric] Changing Voice