spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Gnexus01
join:2012-12-05
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

[TV] CTV/WGN glitch

So it seems when Rogers switches the broadcast from CTV to WGN, and vice verse it glitches out the recording and the box wont play it. I don't know what it is, but the pvr doesn't like the switch and fails to properly record the channel. I noticed when you go to the channel manually, while it's recording. You get a black screen. I stopped the recording and then let it sit on the channel for a minute, and then it started to show the normal broadcast.

I guess the way around this is, is to manually record the shows on WGN each week, and set it to start 1 minute later to avoid the crossover glitch. After I stopped the recording, and the channel starting show it's normal broadcast I pressed record again. I just checked the recording and I was able to play it normally. Strange.. I seem to have a nack for finding glitches with these boxes.
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

[TV] Re: CTV/WGN glitch

Lol. Yes you do. I work day to day with this stuff, and I'm not even finding these bugs.

RogersMikeT
VIP
join:2011-09-30
North York, ON

RogersMikeT to Gnexus01

to Gnexus01
I've passed along the feedback internally - we're investigating.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

It did it again last night, when it crossed over to the normal feedback from the news about that terrorist attack yesterday, that happened downtown. I swear I don't look for these glitches! I just have a nack for finding them by fluke!

RogersMikeT
VIP
North York, ON

RogersMikeT to Gnexus01

to Gnexus01
Sorry for the delay on this! The team is asking if you're able to provide us with the name of the program, as well as what time the crossover takes place between CTV and WGN. Thanks!

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

Supernatural and it's a 9pm every Tuesday night, like clockwork.
Gnexus01

Gnexus01

It didn't do it last night, which was strange. I wonder if it's been fixed ?

RogersMikeT
VIP
North York, ON

RogersMikeT

Still working on it. They're doing testing as we speak.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

I will let you later today if they shows record without a hitch.

GNWhitby
@99.243.93.x

GNWhitby to RogersMikeT

Anon

to RogersMikeT
Same issue here for episodes 6 thru 8, on Nextbox 3.0 in Whitby. We did not set up the PVR to record the first 5 episodes. It's too bad we can't get these on demand. We are buying the missed episodes on iTunes.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01 to RogersMikeT

to RogersMikeT
Tonight went off without a hitch, but the box "forgot" to record supernatural for some reason. Not sure why either.
cepnot4me
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me

If the fix was any kind of frequency change, you may need to reboot the box, or delete and readd the recording schedule. It should transfer over if we change things in the back end, but it doesn't always.

RogersMikeT
VIP
North York, ON

RogersMikeT to Gnexus01

to Gnexus01
I second cepnot4me's suggestion. Might want to try a zap too.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01 to cepnot4me

to cepnot4me
I will keep that in mind, when the show comes back from it's fall/winter break.
Gnexus01

Gnexus01 to RogersMikeT

to RogersMikeT
Just a heads up on this... Rogers Automated system whatever, has been spam calling me nonstop for over week. Most of the time, it doesn't tell you why it's calling when it leaves a VM. I've tried hanging up on the calls, and nothing I do is preventing them.. This time I picked up and I've been on hold for about 20 minutes, to talk to a tech to get them stop the phone calls..

It told me this time, it was because of this issue in this thread. My channels are working fine now, leave me alone!

I ended up having to file a CRTC complaint over the phone calls. I don't blame you Mike. You where just trying to help, but the calls are at this point Harassment, and they need to stop now.
cepnot4me
L0C 1K0

1 edit

cepnot4me

Oh the follow up dialer. Lol.

Have you answered it and done the survey (I'm pretty sure that's what it is), they just want your feedback, which is the ironic part, customers give negative feedback unrelated to getting their problem solved because the dialer pisses them off.

RogersMikeT
VIP
North York, ON

RogersMikeT to Gnexus01

to Gnexus01
I didn't provide your account information to anyone, it's impossible that it was due to this thread - I promise it wasn't me! :s Let me know if the calls continue though, and I'll get someone to look into it.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

What I mean was, and I should of been more clear. I think it's due to the ticket that was created for the issue in this thread over the channels. I'm just guessing though, because each person I talk to, tells me a different story.

RogersMikeT
VIP
North York, ON

RogersMikeT

I reached out to my contacts on the network team without opening/providing your account - no ticket was ever created for this issue. I'm the only person you need to talk to.

kibosh
join:2010-12-16
Whitby, ON

kibosh

This happens to me as well. I cannot record some shows on WGN. The Flash, The Originals, and The Vampire Diaries all do this. If I record the programs on CTV they are fine . . . it's only problematic when you record WGN.

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

Well whatever you do, make sure you don't cancel a service or Rogers get the automated phone calling thing to start calling you.
Gnexus01

Gnexus01

It did it again when the show The Flash came on. It recorded 1 minute of the show on WGN, but the entire length of the show on CTV

RogersMikeT
VIP
North York, ON

RogersMikeT

Thanks - we'll do some additional tests. I provided the additional feedback to the team - will let you know what they find out!

~RogersMichaelT

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

Last night went without a hitch. It recorded the Flash on WGN without any issues, along with Supernatural.
Gnexus01

Gnexus01

Last night went out without a Hitch for the Flash only. Supernatural bugged out, and only recorded 1 minute. Luckily I have a backup set to record @ Midnight. It just sucks I have to wait till then to watch it.
Gnexus01

Gnexus01

Here is an example of how it bugs out on Arrow.

»www.dropbox.com/s/k5sodn ··· mp4?dl=0
Gnexus01

Gnexus01

This is getting amusing. It's a good thing I set my PVR to record on BOTH channels at the same time. The flash bugged out this week, but didn't last week. I'm not sure why it's fine one week and bugged out the next week.

Here is how 1/2 recordings of The Flash plays on my PVR: »www.dropbox.com/s/n5kxyo ··· mp4?dl=0

RogersHelps
join:2014-01-27
Canada

RogersHelps to Gnexus01

to Gnexus01
Hello Gnexus,
Can you please PM me the phone number to your account. I will create a ticket for this issue.

Thanks
RogersMahmood

Gnexus01
Waterloo, ON

Gnexus01

This could be a PVR issue, any chance Rogers would let me rent one for a week, and return it with a service credit ? I could hook it up to another TV, and see if it does this on that box. If it does, then it's the box. If it doesn't, then you know the problem is somewhere else.

RogersHelps
join:2014-01-27
Canada

RogersHelps

PM me the phone number to your account and I will look into that for you.

Thanks
RogersMahmood