dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

@99.236.210.x

Anon

Rogers Analog Cable w/o box question

hey guys how can I find out what is going on with analog cable in Cambridge Ontario so I know what is still available and what is not or should I ask this in the rogers community forums? Thanks
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

»www.rogers.com/web/Roger ··· _LANDING

Scroll down to "What's Your City's Channel Lineup?", select your city and select channels available without a digital box. Be aware it may not be particularly accurate as there are sometimes variations with what is available in the same city.
OLDYELLR
join:2003-04-05
Woodstock, ON

OLDYELLR to guest

to guest
The link yyzlhr provides gives you the basic cable channels available without a cable box, but does not tell you which ones are digital or analog. Without a box you need the free digital converter to see all the channels. If you just have an analog cable connection, you can go to the TV Guide channel (It's Ch10 in my area and I've heard it's Ch5 in the GTA). That tells you which channels are Digital or Analog.
cepnot4me
join:2013-10-29
L0C 1K0

cepnot4me to guest

to guest
Almost everything is digital. All of it will be in the upcoming months.

Pretty sure at this stage, Connecting an antenna to pick up OTA signals will get you more than analog cable.
GNONT42
join:2014-12-01
North York, ON

GNONT42

Agreed. I'll be doing this next month after the stipulation for 30 day cancellation comes into effect late January. I have a good line of sight to the CN Tower and I'm on the 14th floor, so I'm hoping I can obtain a decent signal.

lalalarry
@70.30.145.x

lalalarry

Anon

Too bad u can't get tsn on antenna
GNONT42
join:2014-12-01
North York, ON

GNONT42

I personally don't watch TSN, so it's of no concern for me. However, I do understand that many sports fans need TSN and they're stuck with cable to access it.