spc
Search similar:

uniqs
petezombie
join:2008-01-18
Albuquerque, NM

petezombie

[IPv6] sbg 6782 and6183

So I have few questions in my area Albuquerque nm Comcast only offers up to 50 mbps so should I worry about getting 6183?

The product info for 6782 says it is ipc6 compliant with com as but Comcast website does not ? I would trust Comcast web site but they're customer service isn't very knowledgeable.

Lastly anyone in area have a good suggestion for a cable gateway for ipv6?

iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

iNick

Premium Member

the SBG6782 is IPV6, I don't know how to get it working on a Motorola since I never owned one before. if you want a good modem that would last more then enough then get the 6183 or the SBG6782 there both perfectly good

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to petezombie

MVM

to petezombie
said by petezombie:

The product info for 6782 says it is IPv6 compliant but Comcast website does not? I would trust Comcast web site but they're customer service isn't very knowledgeable.

said by iNick:

The SBG6782 is IPv6, I don't know how to get it working on a Motorola since I never owned one before.

Those IPv6 indications on Comcast's approved device list only mean that those devices have passed Comcast's own IPv6 certification testing.

They're not meant to indicate if the device actually supports IPv6, as Motorola/ARRIS states that the SBG6782 does.
petezombie
join:2008-01-18
Albuquerque, NM

petezombie

Thank you

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

NetDog to telcodad

Premium Member

to telcodad
said by telcodad:

Those IPv6 indications on Comcast's approved device list only mean that those devices have passed Comcast's own IPv6 certification testing.

They're not meant to indicate if the device actually supports IPv6, as Motorola/ARRIS states that the SBG6782 does.

+those devices that indicate had IPv6 enabled in the bootfile, if IPv6 is not checked it is NOT enabled in the bootfile..

So a vendor may say they support v6 but if we found an issue it would need to be corrected before we enable IPv6..

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by NetDog:

said by telcodad:

+those devices that indicate had IPv6 enabled in the bootfile, if IPv6 is not checked it is NOT enabled in the bootfile..

So a vendor may say they support v6 but if we found an issue it would need to be corrected before we enable IPv6..

OK, thanks for clarifying that some more.