Search similar:

uniqs

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

As I recently noted, AT&T this month was slapped with a historic fine ...

... WOW, a month later and they're still in business!

You must be a short attention span investor, Karl.
Let them start taxing by the bit, and fining here and there each month and rates will go way up, or maybe maintaince will be like the trash baggers over at Verizon.

Karl Bode
News Guy
join:2000-03-02

1 recommendation

Karl Bode

News Guy

This point is nonsensical.

As if AT&T rates weren't going up anyway at every possible opportunity? I suppose by next year they'll be out of business then? Wireless companies aren't complaining about Title II, invest plenty, and do perfectly well.

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

said by Karl Bode:

Wireless companies aren't complaining about

But wireless customer sure complain about prices, which are partly due to regulatory costs. (you have to admit title II hasn't made wireless cheap, evenly distributed, or prevented consumer unfriendly bundling of hardware and feature packages)
puck0114
join:2005-12-24
Portland, OR

1 recommendation

puck0114

What part of the price is due to actual regulatory costs? What part of the price is due to what a carrier claims as a regulatory cost but really isn't? And what part of the price is due to further lining of the CEO's pockets?

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

2 edits

tshirt

Premium Member

said by puck0114:

What part of the price is due to actual regulatory costs?

I've never seen a regulated business/utility receive less Cost plus 10% (with "cost" allowing VERY generous overhead and safety net) year after year and most do far better.
said by puck0114:

What part of the price is due to actual regulatory costs? What part of the price is due to what a carrier claims as a regulatory cost but really isn't?

So "truth in advertising" and audited accounting are in order...neither requires titleII and the FTC would be a better regulator.
said by puck0114:

And what part of the price is due to further lining of the CEO's pockets?

As disjointed from the rest of society and disgusting as that is the cost of the CEO is minut in the price of the product.
sure if you trimmed most of the executives and upper management it would be noticeable, but probably less so then the dysfunctions it would bring to that PRIVATELY owned business.
I have a hard time seeing SMS or any wireless technology as being so absolutely nessesary to human life that it need utility like status which in other industry has increased actual prices and stagnated true innovation.

If you don't like this company don't use them, don't like any of the available products ? WALK AWAY... these high cashflow businesses NEED customers and any noticeable percentage greatly influences their lineup.

More to my point was Karl's "Amazement" that they lasted a month, when we know they'll just add it to the bill...limiting the billings is what hurts them, gov't pretending to be regulatory for the consumer is just another business expense in T's eyes, really consumer action has to come from real consumers willing to vote with their $$$.