uniqs

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

wireless doorbell extension

Any recommendations on a good way to extend a door bell button wirelessly? I would like to use the existing doorbell chimes in the house, but have a new gate on my front porch and with that, the button can not be reached. There is also not really an easy way to run wires in the gate for a wired pushbutton. I know there are completely wireless kits where there is a button with a battery which transmits to a receiver in the house that is either battery powered or plugged in, but is there a way to add a wireless button and receiver to an existing built in doorbell chime?

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt

MVM

Just off the top of my head get a wireless remote control and use the output to simulate the push-button.

Need to check on how the remote button controls the output. If it tracks the button you are all set. If it toggles the output on/off you will have to convert that to a pulse to activate the doorbell.

/tom

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to ilikeme

Mod

to ilikeme
Is there a reason you want to keep your current one? It would probably be easiest to replace it with one that can be used both wired and wirelessly. I haven't seen any type of add on receiver to modify an existing.
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt to ilikeme

to ilikeme
said by ilikeme:

Any recommendations on a good way to extend a door bell button wirelessly?

This is what you want:

»www.carlonchimes.us/ccus ··· hime.htm

I installed one in my home so I can hear the doorbell on the second floor.

ilikeme
Premium Member
Stafford, TX

ilikeme

Premium Member

I need to extend the button past the gate. The chime can be heard throughout the house no-problem. It is a very nice one also, not one of the cheapo ones from Lowes-Depot.

pulp46
Premium Member
join:2003-01-28
canada

pulp46 to ilikeme

Premium Member

to ilikeme
»ring.com/

nunya
LXI 483
MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO

nunya to ilikeme

MVM

to ilikeme
You could use a Z-wave door sensor (or motion detector) and a Z-wave contactor wired into the existing doorbell circuit. That way the regular doorbell button still works.
For all the fuss, how hard can it really be to run a doorbell extension?

ilikeme
Premium Member
Stafford, TX

1 recommendation

ilikeme

Premium Member

It would have to run through a brick wall extension from the house and and an iron fence.