Help identifying wireless stuff

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I picked up a nice Spectrum Analyzer at an auction for my RC hobby. I have been getting some interference with my video down link that is operating in the 2.4GHz spectrum. Our Futaba 18MZ / 2.4GHz radios are quite resistant to interference but the video transmission is fixed but selectable. As with many auctions it was a package deal. Boxes of parts with the SA. They wouldn't split it as it all came from the same place.

If anyone can help identify these parts I would appreciate it. If I am in the wrong section I apologize. Please redirect me. Everything was new and sealed in antistatic bags and sacks. The only labels on boxes that I could find were Streakwave, Ligowave OSBridge and UBIQUITI. That doesn't tell me much but I was bidding against 2 other fellows that I think wanted what was in the boxes more than the SA. They said it was WISP equipment and wireless equipment, radios etc. They gave me their names if I was interested in selling what I didn't want.

1. There is a box of 30 of these small blue radios. All still sealed in a Ligowave labeled box. S/N AL0020936Y0055

2. A plastic tray of sorts full of these UBIQUITI items

3. Also a bunch of small cards with edgeboard connectors

4. With the small cards were again quite a few sealed boards withy OSBRIDGE labels.

5. A PC card package, CD and antenna labeled Cognio Spectrum Expert for WIFI V2.0 This doesn't look brand new like everything else and had no box but was all together in a baggie.

6. A green t-meter with a PRAXSYM label and a bunch of adapters. This item may not be new either but has the original box.

Many more items that I don't have info for but could post pics.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful

Premium Member

You can search the first 6 numbers of the MAC address to discover the original manufacturer of any networking board. If there are FCC ID labels, you can look up even more details.

The small cards are for miniPCI slot and have Atheros WiFi chipset. The SR9 miniPCI cards are only for 900Mhz but can be configured using standard Linux WiFi driver.

You can also find documentation to access the configuration webpage of the Osbridge and Ligowave boards on-line, probably in some old WISP forum posts.
Mike_27
Premium Member
join:2004-05-15
Gardiner, MT

Mike_27 to WirelessBits

Premium Member

to WirelessBits
2) Ubiquiti SR9, mini pci card; »dl.ubnt.com/sr9_datasheet.pdf

3) End of life Sparklan Mini PCI card; »www.sparklan.com/p2-prod ··· ga4g&EOL

4) Single Board Computer from osbridge's early 5?X line »www.osbridge.com/downloa ··· 5GXi.pdf

5) »www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/u ··· _4-0.pdf (Previous versions of Cisco Spectrum Expert
Software were Cognio-branded. For example, Cognio-branded Spectrum Expert 3.1 can be up
graded to Cisco-branded Spectrum Expert 4.0.)
WirelessBits
join:2014-10-23
united state

WirelessBits

Thanks so much!
Non of this has any value for me except the Cognio card. I thankfully have an old laptop that has a PCMCIA slot and loaded the software. This is also a really nice spectrum analyzer but not near what I purchased. I'm going to give the guys a call that were also bidding on this. Seems they have a use for it. I am still researching the Praxsym device. It appears to be a radio output and cable tester of sorts.

I am a bit perplexed why the RC hobby went to 2.4GHz with so much 2.4 already in use. Again, it only bothers what we have to select channels on. Our radios are very sophisticated now and avoid all this but the HD video downlinks need to do something to avoid this.
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful

Premium Member

said by WirelessBits:

I am still researching the Praxsym device. It appears to be a radio output and cable tester of sorts.

Always search WISP forum first. You can do "all time" search using keywords and sort according to different criteria.

»Coax woes
»Consistent signal measurements with a praxsys t-meter

P.S. PCMCIA is very old. Those 802.11 cards are actually compatible with mini PCI slots available in 2000-2010 vintage laptops and almost all embedded CPU boards, including those "ADM" ones you got, and can be driven by open source router firmware like OpenWRT.

WHT
join:2010-03-26
Rosston, TX

WHT to WirelessBits

to WirelessBits
^^ I was about to say about the Praxsys problems. Been that way for eight years at least.

bito
Premium Member
join:2001-10-08
Monroe, NC

bito to WirelessBits

Premium Member

to WirelessBits
The first board may have been in a Ligowave box but they aren't Ligowave boards. Not sure I've ever seen that particular platform. Some China ODM.

Black cards are JJ+ and half a dozen other mfgs that shared the same platform.

OSBRIDGE is from the 5GHz ptp, first ones that came to US market IIRC.

All this stuff looks to be from 2006-08 or so. Not much value to current WISP folks, maybe some small value to hobbyists.