All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Ark4
join:2002-06-08
Lansing, MI

Ark4

[Price] Can somebody verify the plan they changed me to exists?

I was on Performance Internet-only for $74.95 (66.95 + 8.00 modem rental, no other taxes/fees).
After Comcast started blocking my *outgoing* port 80 so that I would trade in my DOCSIS 2.0 modem for a DOCSIS 3.0 one, the guy changed my plan to one that is apparently going to be $52.99 total (44.99 + 8.00?) and said it was not a promotional price, it had no contract, and it would add basic cable + HBO to my Internet package. I don't have any TVs and didn't even hook up the video set top box they gave me in the bag of stuff. It's still shrink-wrapped to a piece of cardboard like they gave it to me, but I'm not really sure if the guy was telling the truth. Is that price really non-promotional and non-contract?
mikev
Premium Member
join:2002-05-04
Leesburg, VA
·Verizon FiOS
(Software) pfSense
Panasonic KX-TGP600

mikev

Premium Member

[Price] Re: Can somebody verify the plan they changed me to exists?

It's the Blast Plus package. Price varies depending on area (I pay about $65 for it with a non-rented modem, I've seen other rates both higher and lower).

You get Digital Economy TV (~45 channels) and an SD digital box, HBO/HBO Go, and 105/10 internet. It's non-contract, and as far as I know it's non-promotional as well (aside from the HBO part, which is only for a year IIRC).

InternetPlus
@68.42.244.x

InternetPlus

Anon

It's not the Blast Plus package, it's Internet Plus. You get the limited basic cable, HBO, and the 25 meg performance internet. Blast Plus is $10 more and comes with the economy cable and 50 meg blast internet.
mikev
Premium Member
join:2002-05-04
Leesburg, VA

mikev to Ark4

Premium Member

to Ark4
If he had mentioned internet speeds, that might've helped then. I wasn't aware that they had similar packages with slower speeds.

And my Blast Plus package is 105/10.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad to Ark4

MVM

to Ark4
Click for full size
Yes, it sounds like you were given the "Internet Plus" promo package, which includes the Limited Basic TV tier. Above are the "Plus" offers for new customers in my area.

However, this notice was in my last bill:
quote:
IMPORTANT INFO: Effective 11/10/14, the SurePrice (months 13-24) for
new subscriptions to the following packages will be: Internet Plus $64.99
and Blast Plus with HBO $74.99. SurePrice only available on packages with
qualifying 12 month promotional offer. Prices exclude applicable taxes and fees.

InternetPlus
@68.42.244.x

InternetPlus to mikev

Anon

to mikev
said by mikev:

If he had mentioned internet speeds, that might've helped then. I wasn't aware that they had similar packages with slower speeds.

And my Blast Plus package is 105/10.

In some areas Blast Plus comes with 105 but he posted from Michigan (in the central division) where it is still 50 for that package

Ark4
join:2002-06-08
Lansing, MI

2 edits

Ark4

My speedtest shows 30/6 or so, which is what it has been before the change too.

Ok, so Internet Plus makes sense. I found the page for my zip code and it says 39.99 for the first 12 months, 59.99 for the next 12, and 69.95 after that. None of those are the 52.99 the guy "showed" me on his computer screen when handing me the bag of replacement stuff for my old modem, so I still don't know if that's what I have now.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by Ark4:

Ok, so Internet Plus makes sense. I found the page for my zip code and it says 39.99 for the first 12 months, 59.99 for the next 12, and 69.95 after that. None of those are the 52.99 the guy "showed" me on his computer screen when handing me the bag of replacement stuff for my old modem, so I still don't know if that's what I have now.

Well, as that $39.99/mo price is probably just for new customers. As you were already a Comcast HSI subscriber, you likely got the best current customer price for it.
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb to Ark4

to Ark4
It was probably full price Internet Plus with some kind of "loyalty discount" tacked onto the account. I've had this show up on one of ours before I had It changed to a new customer promo instead.
ComcastPete
join:2013-12-20
USA

1 recommendation

ComcastPete to Ark4

to Ark4

Re: [Price] Can somebody verify the plan they changed me to exists?

You are on a 12 month promotion, but not a contract, you can change or cancel service at any time, however after your 12 months are up your monthly rate will roll to standard pricing - Pete
rendrenner
join:2005-09-03
Grandville, MI

1 edit

rendrenner to Ark4

to Ark4
On your paperwork you were given it should state exactly what package you were given. Did you have a sales rep come to your door or did you go to the service center?

There is no 30/6 in your area. You are still on a 25/5 plan which is called performance.
You are not in a contract. That price is not an every day price it is a promo and will go up.
As silly as it seems, the tv service is on there to mak your internet cheaper. You have to keep the box, if you return the box the price of internet will go up. Its a numbers game. By giving you a box, you become a tv subscriber and increase numbers. Even if you never watch it. On the chance you do hook it up, there is always a chance you might order an On Demand flick and owe a few more bucks. Win Win for Comcast.

*edit : Its possible you have Blast for internet which should be 50/10 and you are not getting full speed due to a signal issue. signal levels would confirm that.