spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Re: Assassin Creed's Unity locked at 900p 30fps

Kotaku says the game sucks, and the review was done by Adalicia's only approved Kotaku journalist, Stephen Totilo.

»kotaku.com/assassins-cre ··· 57368877

Assassin's Creed Unity is my least favorite major Assassin's Creed since the 2007 original. It's also the first Assassin's Creed that I didn't feel better about the more I played it. I didn't expect to be telling you this.

Unity is a gorgeous game, which is just about the only high praise I can offer the Parisian adventure. Its campaign is dull. Its side-missions—usually among my favorite parts of these games—are dull. Its lead character, the Assassin Arno Dorian, is dull. The game's vaunted co-op is dull. I'd tell you that the game's modern-era gameplay was dull if the game had modern-era sequences, but in a first for the series, it doesn't.

I won't even get this on Christmas sale. I will skip it the same as I did with AC3. Too bad because Black Flags is awesome.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

1 edit

TheBionic

Premium Member

Assassin's Creed isn't my thing. I finally get to save some money. I'll have to point it out to my better half and show her that I do not, in fact, buy EVERY big game that comes out.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to TigerLord

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

and the review was done by Adalicia's only approved Kotaku journalist, Stephen Totilo.

Spit coffee on my keyboard.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I'm starting to wonder if EA has finally been dethroned as most hated company by Ubisoft.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
awe man.

WTF Ubisoft, not my AC.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Yeah, I didn't buy AC this time around. I probably won't until it's heavily discounted and all the shit fixed.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

I'm starting to wonder if EA has finally been dethroned as most hated company by Ubisoft.

Probably. After Watchdogs, I'd say definitely.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Yeah, I didn't buy AC this time around. I probably won't until it's heavily discounted and all the shit fixed.

This will be the case for me. Sadly.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

WTF, over. There goes Ubisoft, making EA look like the good guys again.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Lol fucking what.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Sorry, you only have a 780 Ti? Better turn down that AA and texture detail if you want to maintain 40 fps at 1080p.

You would expect this game to be able to render the second coming of Christ with these requirements.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
That silky smooth 40FPS.

So damn cinematic.

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

1 edit

pnjunction to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForceĀ® GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970, graphics memory 2GB or more (NVIDIA GeForceĀ® GTX 780 or AMD Radeon R9 290X, graphics memory 3 GB or more recommended)

Considering what the current gen has for hardware these just seems like another hack job from Ubisoft with a total disregard for actually giving a fucking effort at porting and optimizing their shit.

Wow yeah the PS4 is maybe 1/2 as powerful as the 7970 and the Xbone maybe 1/3. Makes sense if you figure the PC master race will want 1080p+ and closer to 60fps but in theory the game should still play on console level hardware (~7770/7850) at similar low settings and framerate.

Hopefully Ubisoft will let the game breath (or wheeze) on PC but I have heard sketchy things about console makers wanting them to 'maintain parity' which is ridiculous and gets deserved backlash. Pretty funny people digging into Watch Dogs settings found a bunch of hidden ones labelled 'E3' which unlocked fancy features shown off at the conference...they claim those features were not stable but if nothing else they're guilty of showing off stuff that they didn't bother including in the release (and that consoles never could have run anyways).

Edit: wow that settings table is crazy considering the consoles are half the GPU power of the lowest entry

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
The fuck are the peasant boxes running with then? I mean the PS4 is basically running a 7870, so something similar to a GTX 580/660 Ti. They get no AA and Very Low For Env Quality, Shadows, and Textures, capped at 15 FPS and 720p?

This has to be one of the highest quality hack jobs I've ever seen on a PC port. What the actual fuck Ubisoft?

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to TigerLord

to TigerLord
MINIMUM:
OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64-bit operating system required)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 (2 GB VRAM)
Hard Drive: 50 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card with latest drivers
Additional Notes: Windows-compatible keyboard and mouse required, optional controller

Impressive. That's right around what watch dogs was asking. Mostly bad reviews according to AC: unity via steam and is asking 6GB system ram, 50GB HDD and 2GB VRAM, please.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

They put exactly -51% effort into optimization.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to TigerLord

to TigerLord
Off topic:

What about FC4? Will the same occur to it? Just 2 years ago they released FC3 witch I think is rushing it a bit into being more of a COD than a FC

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

I never finished FC3 because it keeps crashing on my rig no matter what I try.

Speaks volume of Ubisoft. Only game that I have tried in the past 18 months that ever gave me this much grievance.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Which is strange, because AC Black Flag ran awesome on my system. I had it damn near maxed out with full PhysX enabled.

I only had a couple instances where I had a frame rate drop into the lower 50's. Other than that, that game looked and ran awesome.

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
Friendly, WV

diablo18926 to TigerLord

to TigerLord
Runs great here too. Same with FC3.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to TigerLord

to TigerLord
said by TigerLord:

Speaks volume of Ubisoft. Only game that I have tried in the past 18 months that ever gave me this much grievance.

It is honestly a shame. Ubisoft is capable of making a good game.

Child of Light
Valiant Hearts: The Great War
Rayman Legends

To name a couple in the last...year or something. I mean, and sure there is the AC series (which I personally don't enjoy) and there are a lot of people that find those to be quite good games, especially Black Flag.

I just don't know what the hell they're thinking. It is like they decided to double down on consoles for whatever reason and are perfectly content with just totally shitting on their PC base.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Adalicia:

It is like they decided to double down on consoles for whatever reason and are perfectly content with just totally shitting on their PC base.

I think you nailed it.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
I love in that Nvidia diagram they talk about overclocking your CPU to give the game's city simulation "more power to play with"

Haha...as opposed to the under-clocked tablet CPUs on the current gen consoles. If that's the case, there must be zero simulation on the console versions.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Anything to keep the myth alive that the peasant boxes totally aren't neutered mid tier PCs from three years ago.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall to Ghastlyone

MVM

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Why do people keep purchasing games from this shit company?

Personally, I find it funny that people bitch more about EA and Origin even after they put out quality titles time and time again. Ubisoft flys under the radar for the most part.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia to TigerLord

to TigerLord
»www.forbes.com/sites/ins ··· yahootix

Lol

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

I love Paul Tassi. He's my Stephen Totilo

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to Adalicia

Premium Member

to Adalicia
Decent article. I like the conclusion:

Consumers want:

A) A product that looks like what was advertised

B) Not to be talked down to in PR speak

C) A working product at launch

D) To be respected for shelling out $60 for a new game, and not goaded into paying even more

These are not difficult goals to accomplish, and it's amazing how far a little honesty will go in an industry where consumers constantly feel misled. Obviously every company exists to make money, but when your customers feel deceived or like their loyalty is being exploited, you've taken a wrong turn. And Ubisoft has taken at least a half dozen wrong turns this year, and now seem to be lost in the labyrinth EA only recently escaped from.

And what's funny is this doesn't even address the fact that Ubi has not been a very PC friendly company for the last couple of years. It took the console crowd getting riled up to the make press.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

said by TheBionic:

It took the console crowd getting riled up to the make press.

Well that is par for the course. Just like most developers, the press doesn't really give two fucks about the glorious PC Master Race.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

awe man.

WTF Ubisoft, not my AC.