spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tofare
join:2014-10-24
USA

tofare

[OOL] OOL block my access to external IP cameras

I am unable to access any external cameras from browser. I can reach these cameras if I am on a non-optimum provider like my work network or FIOS. So, cablevision must be blocking. Also, it is not just my service, if I go to my friends house who has optimum I have the same problem.

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

1 recommendation

RickNY

Premium Member

That kind of makes no sense.. Why would they block a service only to other Optimum subscribers while allowing other ISPs? What port are your cameras running on? Are you using a dynamic DNS service, or are you testing with the actual public facing IP? Do you have appropriate rules setup in your router and/or firewall?

They block port 80 incoming unless you have an ultra package -and then you have to manually turn it on - but since you can access from other providers, that doesn't appear to be the case.
evdotests
join:2007-09-28
Clifton, NJ

evdotests to tofare

to tofare
I have multiple cameras set up w/ no problem. I agree that it is a setting issue not an OOL issue. If they happen to be Foscam cameras use their DDNS service. Works perfect, no issues at all with OOL.

bhan261
join:2001-02-12
New York, NY

bhan261 to tofare

to tofare
My camera on OOL is working fine.

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to tofare

Premium Member

to tofare
I've also had multiple Foscam cams set up and available directly and via Blue Iris (or whatever its called these days) and no issues at all accessing them with a DDNS address... So your post seems to indicate a configuration issue as opposed to an OOL issue.
tofare
join:2014-10-24
USA

1 edit

tofare

As I indicated in my first post, I am able to access the camera from ALL ISP's except OOL. I can also access the camera over my cell service. Also, I have the same issue if I try to access the camera from my neighbors house who has OOL. The camera is located at another location than my home and is using port 8888. I also have Blue Iris and it can not connect to the camera. Also, I was able to ping the address, and received 4 packages back, but using http, it won't work.
Is there IP Camera address I can test with to prove it is not my camera.

Boooost
@24.190.186.x

Boooost

Anon

said by tofare:

I am able to access the camera from ALL ISP's except OOL.

Using the same computer with the different ISPs?
Using the same router with different ISPs?

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon to tofare

to tofare
»worldcam.eu/
I'd like to see any web cam that doesn't work on OOL but works at another ISP..
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to tofare

to tofare
Cablevision doesn't block traffic in or out on port 8888, so I'm not sure how you would explain customers on the same ISP network being unable to connect but people who come in from an external ISP and traverse the same network being able to connect. Are you implying that CV set up an ACL to block only their IPs from connecting to public IPs tey own while allowing everyone else? Or are you connecting to a dynamic dns service and unable to load it that way, but can by direct IP? If so, which service?

Why not post a URL to access it (not the credentials to login) and let people here see if they can display the page? That would tell you if there's an issue with the PC you are accessing it from elsewhere on Optimum Online or something else?
Expand your moderator at work