spc
Search similar:

uniqs

inclw
@70.126.227.x

inclw

Anon

Anyone with an SB6183 modem?

I just got a new sb6183. Anyone get one yet? Picked up at bestbuy at 19 and drew. Activation will be this afternoon...I'll let you know!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

It is supported so there should be no problem....

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim to inclw

to inclw
In a few years I might get the SB6183 i think it supports 16 bonded channels can you say future proof lol

inclw
@70.126.227.x

inclw to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Is BH deploying more than 8 DS channels? I just got channels 7 and 8 this last week, wasn't sure if more are active yet or not.

Signal levels improved after that also. Looking forward to this change. The monster gateway I have now is 4x the sb6183!
inclw

inclw to inclw

Anon

to inclw
On the phone now with BH...should have talked to gary. 3 transfers, 45 min on the phone only to be told it isn't supported. Made him search how I did and he says oh I see it there...

And that's where I am now. The music is making me sleepy...
inclw

inclw

Anon

And my modem won't sTay online. Rep says the speeds and bin file are there...but it reboots after 20 seconds or so. I really don't want to go back to beast buy...:(

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

Guide_Tim

I bet Gary can Activate it with just a few clicks lol
xfiles4484
join:2003-09-04
Clearwater, FL

xfiles4484

Now that im registered again (thought i was earlier), I've posted in direct forums.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to inclw

Premium Member

to inclw
I'll deal with it....sorry about this..
xfiles4484
Clearwater, FL

xfiles4484

I plugged the modem in last night as asked and added a pic of the modem. Any update?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to inclw

Premium Member

to inclw
I will update you when we are finished...
voipjunk
join:2004-08-07
Spring Hill, FL

1 edit

voipjunk to inclw

to inclw
said by inclw :

On the phone now with BH...should have talked to gary. 3 transfers, 45 min on the phone only to be told it isn't supported. Made him search how I did and he says oh I see it there...

And that's where I am now. The music is making me sleepy...

This is how bad Brighthouse Customer Service now a days. If everything has to fall on Gary then what is the use of CSR team. For any layman, not technically savvy with forum, twitter etc, relying on phone support its a nightmare. The lobbies are equally bad too. Brighthouse need to invest more in training and quality of customer service. It was best in the past but thats not the case now. I 'm not thread crapping but this is becoming fact now a days.
xfiles4484
Clearwater, FL

xfiles4484 to inclw

to inclw
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Well, I can say Gary tried his best with me. After talking to the Advanced Services dept, I had a guy attepmt to provision my modem without success. It would sync to both the downstream and upstream channels without issues, but it would not connect to the internet.

I message Gary last night and he got to me this afternoon. He spent well over an hour with me trying everything he could. It ended up being a bad modem.

I went to Bestbuy again tonight and got the last one there again. Must have been lucky again.

I called advanced services again and I was able to talk to a nice fellow, not too talkative during the process. I only waited on hold about 1-2 minutes before speaking with him this time since i had gotten the dept number yesterday.

I spent a total of 16 and a half minutes on the line this time.

Rebooted my router, boom internet was working.

Tried signal level page in Chrome, wouldn't load at 192.168.100.1 .
Tried in IE, came up fine. Downloaded an addon to change the user agent in Chrome called User-Agent Switcher for Chrome. Fixed.

Signal levels look good. I don't know if this is the latest firmware, but it works so far!

Thanks!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to inclw

Premium Member

to inclw

Good deal...when your modem hit our network the firmware was installed that works best for us...you are good to go. Please post your new modem MAC in your original direct post so I can take a final look.