All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

[Anveo] How long does it take for funds to be credited to Anveo account?

Hey guys,

Well, I wasn't gonna do it, but finally decided to fund an old free Anveo account that I've had for awhile now.

I was looking through their list of available numbers and noticed one that I liked so I decided to add $10.00 to fund the account and it's been a few hours now and it still hasn't come through.

Is this standard operating procedure with Anveo?

Most of the other providers I've dealt with usually added the funds almost instantly.

Hope I don't lose the number waiting for the funds to go through.
wideglide36

wideglide36

Well, it was actually a tad under two hours for the funds to finally be added, but when I tried to purchase the number that I wanted, it keeps coming up with a screen with this error message:

Error # 30. Unable to proceed. Phone number/s was not provisioned.

Not sure what this means.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
join:2014-08-20
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
It usually takes between 30 minutes to an hour for me. But I always make sure that I do it during business hours.

I find it a little annoying as well, since I am paying from a verified PayPal account. But as everyone says, most VOIP providers are working on razor thin margins and fraud is rampant.
CatsEyeX

CatsEyeX to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
That happened to me a few days ago when trying to get a couple of Anveo direct numbers. Sounds like a problem with their website. Also, I hate to tell you, even 2 days later, the numbers I had tried to get were still missing from the list of available numbers.
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to CatsEyeX

to CatsEyeX
said by CatsEyeX:

It usually takes between 30 minutes to an hour for me. But I always make sure that I do it during business hours.

I find it a little annoying as well, since I am paying from a verified PayPal account. But as everyone says, most VOIP providers are working on razor thin margins and fraud is rampant.

Thank you.

I also paid with a verified PayPal account.

I'm already starting to have second thoughts..........

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

I decided to add $10.00 to fund the account and it's been a few hours now and it still hasn't come through.

To prevent fraud all payments are screened before funds are credited into the account. The screening is usually done during business hours Monday to Friday. Just be patient and your payment will be processed.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to wideglide36

MVM

to wideglide36
My payments get credited instantly. I believe that it may be affected by how long your account is active, and how often you change payment methods. I've been using Anveo for about two years, and always pay from the same PayPal account.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

I thought a verified PayPal account is the only way to make a payment to Anveo, short of a wire transfer with a $1000 minimum.
CatsEyeX

CatsEyeX to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
I have been using Anveo, both retail and direct for about a month and a half now. I have been very happy with it so far. I even started configuring outgoing calls through Anveo direct last night. While it is pay per minute, some of the prime routes come in at less than $0.002 per minute or less than $0.12 per hour and there are no decimal place errors in those numbers.

There does seem to be a software glitch introduced in the last few days. It is very frustrating since the numbers it would not provision for me never came available again. I am sure it is even more frustrating for you since you opened the account to try to obtain one specific number.

Hopefully the Anveo guy who frequents this forum will read this thread and he will be able to help you out.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to CatsEyeX

Premium Member

to CatsEyeX
said by CatsEyeX:

I thought a verified PayPal account is the only way to make a payment to Anveo, short of a wire transfer with a $1000 minimum.

Yes, but all payments are still screened. With time your payment "rating" will increase and your payments will be processed very fast.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

Okay, I was just confused by a comment that someone made about changing payment methods might slow things down.
juleso
join:2009-06-04

juleso to wideglide36

to wideglide36
Funds are usually posted to the account within an hr or so for me (I always transact during business hours.)

Some of you may recall that they used to offer Google Payments (or whatever it's called) when that service still existed. I personally would find it beneficial for them to add an alternative to Paypal such as Amazon Payments, which would be easier to deal with for me with a corporate card, already linked to an Amazon account.

In addition to Paypal, voip.ms offers direct credit card payments so I mean even in a tight margin, cut-throat environment, some low cost providers do offer more payment flexibility.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

Yes, I think the website still says something about Google Payments, so I assumed you could pay through Google Wallet I think it is called now. But I don't see any way on the website to pay other than PayPal.

I agree that it would be better if they offered a second payment method. Anveo and CallCentric are the only people I ever pay with PayPal.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

Most of the other providers I've dealt with usually added the funds almost instantly.

If it's a newly funded account (sounds like yours was) then there may be delays no matter who the provider is---especially going into the weekend.

And PayPal accounts are not immune from fraud....

Noah123
@68.183.195.x

Noah123

Anon

said by PX Eliezer1:

said by wideglide36:

And PayPal accounts are not immune from fraud....

It seems incredibly easy to dispute a PayPal payment. A scammer could fund VoIP through PayPal, use up the minutes, and then dispute with PayPal. I think for small amounts the payment is reversed automatically, leaving the payee holding an empty bag. (I once disputed a small payment, based on a miscommunication.) I assume it couldn't be repeated often on the same account.

So what's a "verified" PayPal account? Is there a non-verified account?

I'm not a huge PayPal fan but as a cautious consumer it seems preferable to give my card number to only one well-known entity, rather than multiple and not-so-well-known ones.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

A verified PayPal account is one that has a verified checking account associated with it. I guess it is based on the idea that it is much easier to get a prepaid debit card than a checking account.

A newly created PayPal account is unverified until you connect it to a checking account.
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

said by wideglide36:

I decided to add $10.00 to fund the account and it's been a few hours now and it still hasn't come through.

To prevent fraud all payments are screened before funds are credited into the account. The screening is usually done during business hours Monday to Friday. Just be patient and your payment will be processed.

I really don't believe I was being impatient, after I added the funds through my PayPal account I received two different emails one from Anveo and one from PayPal.

One email from PayPal said that it might take a few moments for the transaction to appear and the other email from Anveo said that it might take up to eight hours for the funds to be added.

So, I decided to post on here to see what the average time might be before it was actually added. I know there are Anveo customers on here and I thought that they could advise me on how long it might be before the funds might be added.

Maybe it's because I've been a customer at Voip.ms and Callcentric for some time now, but it seems that whenever I've added funds to those accounts, that the funds appeared within minutes. That's why I was curious about this transaction with Anveo.

It's the first time I've actually added funds to my Anveo account so maybe that's why it took a little while until they appeared.

I am impatient at times, but this wasn't one of them....

Sorry, had to edit my post. One email was from Anveo and one was from PayPal. I originally posted that both were from Anveo.
wideglide36

wideglide36 to CatsEyeX

to CatsEyeX
said by CatsEyeX:

I have been using Anveo, both retail and direct for about a month and a half now. I have been very happy with it so far. I even started configuring outgoing calls through Anveo direct last night. While it is pay per minute, some of the prime routes come in at less than $0.002 per minute or less than $0.12 per hour and there are no decimal place errors in those numbers.

There does seem to be a software glitch introduced in the last few days. It is very frustrating since the numbers it would not provision for me never came available again. I am sure it is even more frustrating for you since you opened the account to try to obtain one specific number.

Hopefully the Anveo guy who frequents this forum will read this thread and he will be able to help you out.

Yeah, It would appear that the number I was trying to purchase has disappeared from their site.

I still don't know why it wouldn't let me purchase the number when it was in my cart and my account was funded.

Unless it really wasn't available at the time I tried to purchase it?

Are purchased numbers immediately withdrawn from the web site?

Not sure what I'm gonna do now........

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

the other email from Anveo said that it might take up to eight hours for the funds to be added.

After a number of successful payments you will find that your funds are added within seconds.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
I think there was just a glitch in the Anveo site for a few days. I have purchased quite a few DIDS from Anveo. The middle of last week, I hit the "provisioning error" which you described. The numbers I was trying to get were now unavailable, but they were not assigned to me either. That has only happened to me the one time. I was successful in obtaining two new Anveo DIDs earlier today.

The only think I could think of doing would be to open a support ticket with Anveo describing the problem and the DID number you were trying to get. Perhaps they can complete the process manually for you.

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

mackey to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

After a number of successful payments you will find that your funds are added within seconds.

Link? Even after several months and multiple payments they still hold my payments. Last one was for just over 2 hours.

/M
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to CatsEyeX

to CatsEyeX
said by CatsEyeX:

I think there was just a glitch in the Anveo site for a few days. I have purchased quite a few DIDS from Anveo. The middle of last week, I hit the "provisioning error" which you described. The numbers I was trying to get were now unavailable, but they were not assigned to me either. That has only happened to me the one time. I was successful in obtaining two new Anveo DIDs earlier today.

The only think I could think of doing would be to open a support ticket with Anveo describing the problem and the DID number you were trying to get. Perhaps they can complete the process manually for you.

Thanks CatsEyeX,

Great advice................

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to mackey

Premium Member

to mackey
said by mackey:

Link?

No provider will ever publish information about how their fraud prevention system works.
said by mackey:

Even after several months and multiple payments they still hold my payments. Last one was for just over 2 hours.

How many months are "several months" in your case?
How many payments are "multiple payments" in your case?
Is your PayPal account verified?
Do you pay from the same IP location every time?

mackey
Premium Member

mackey

Premium Member

yes
yes

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by mackey:

yes
yes

With only four months and five payments two hours approval time is very good.

It might be a good idea to use the new feature "Add Funds Automatically".

mackey
Premium Member

mackey

Premium Member

said by Arne Bolen:

It might be a good idea to use the new feature "Add Funds Automatically".

Wait, when did they add that? It was not there the last time I made a payment...

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by mackey:

Wait, when did they add that? It was not there the last time I made a payment...

I discovered it a few days ago.

mackey
Premium Member

mackey to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

With only four months and five payments two hours approval time is very good.

Dude, your fanboyism is showing. You don't actually believe that do you? While it might be "very good" for a manually approved payment after normal business hours, I made my 5th payment to voip.ms earlier today (been with them just over 5 months now) and it took less then 1 minute for it to be credited. Ditto with the previous 2 payments as well (I can't find the emails for the first 2 to check them).

/M

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

Yeah, It would appear that the number I was trying to purchase has disappeared from their site.

I still don't know why it wouldn't let me purchase the number when it was in my cart and my account was funded.

Unless it really wasn't available at the time I tried to purchase it?

Are purchased numbers immediately withdrawn from the web site?

In my experience, yes, purchased numbers are immediately withdrawn from the list of available numbers to buy.

So, with that in mind, one possibility is that the number actually was available when you added it to your cart, but was no longer available (ie someone else had snagged it up) by the time you attempted to submit the purchase.

Was this a "golden" number per chance? If so, you might not have been the only customer looking to obtain it.
said by wideglide36:

Not sure what I'm gonna do now........

One possibility, get a different phone number.

Another possibility, call the number that you were going to buy. See if somebody answers. If so, see if you can convince that person to part with the number. Make them an offer they can't refuse...
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

Golden number? Not really. Just a fairly easy to remember one.

I in fact did get another number, and I'm in the process of experimenting with some of their many features.

Anveo had been the last major provider that I hadn't got a number from and tested. I have tested quite a few in the past year or so.

I was always a little intimidated and confused by their website and their various options.

But after jumping in the pool, the water is getting a little warmer.

Not hot, but definitely warmer....................