Search similar:

uniqs
bgoodbody
Bill G
join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA

bgoodbody

[IPv6] Technocolor still not IPv6

Despite the fact that Comcast has enabled IPv6 for ALL residential Customers, they are still sending out this modem that does not support IPv6.

Yuck!....

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

said by bgoodbody:

they are still sending out this modem that does not support IPv6.

Which model?
bgoodbody
Bill G
North Truro, MA

bgoodbody

TC8305 I think there is only one which Comcast distributes
neiby6
Premium Member
join:2006-07-22
Henderson, CO

1 recommendation

neiby6

Premium Member

I saw on another forum that the new code for the TC8305 that supports IPv6 hasn't been certified and approved yet by Comcast. Once it gets through the certification process, I imagine you'll be able to get it. No idea how long that takes, though.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

said by neiby6:

I saw on another forum that the new code for the TC8305 that supports IPv6 hasn't been certified and approved yet by Comcast.

Actually, it looked like the new 01.E6.01.22.06 version firmware supported IPv6, but Comcast then rolled back to the previous 01.E6.00.31 version due to a Wi-Fi issue with it: »Re: [Equip] TG 862G vs TC8305c

Jim721
join:2014-07-31
Belleville, MI

Jim721

Yes this is correct. There was a thread about it in the comcast forums some time ago.

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

1 recommendation

tshirt to bgoodbody

Premium Member

to bgoodbody
said by bgoodbody:

Despite the fact that Comcast has enabled IPv6 for ALL residential Customers, they are still sending out this modem that does not support IPv6.

Call and ask for a V6 capable replacement to be shipped out
If v6 matters to you right now, it should be provided.

NetDog
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Hollywood, FL

1 recommendation

NetDog

Premium Member

said by bgoodbody:

There are other models that are not support with v6 as well, it is not just this one.. New code should be going out for the TC8305C this week (Key word "should"), I will keep an eye on it and once it does I will post it..
said by tshirt:

Call and ask for a V6 capable replacement to be shipped out
If v6 matters to you right now, it should be provided.

I would agree there are other models like the Arris 862 that is supported with dual-stack..

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 recommendation

telcodad

MVM

Does this new firmware support IPv6 now?

From: »Re: [Firmware] TC8305 firmware ROLLBACK update this morning.
said by jm101:

Rebooted TC8305C this morning and was upgraded to 01.E6.01.22.12. Bridge mode and 0% packet loss are back.

neil0311
join:2005-07-24
Marietta, GA

1 recommendation

neil0311 to bgoodbody

to bgoodbody
This gateway supports IPv6. I'm using it and have had v6 connectivity since day 1.

Whatever is preventing you from connecting with v6, it's not the gateway.
bgoodbody
Bill G
North Truro, MA
Netgear WNR3500L

1 recommendation

bgoodbody

That does not make sense to me since Comcast says it does not support IPv6.

2 questions:

1. What firmware version do you have?

2. When you go to »comcast6.net does it show your IPv6 address there (upper left of page)?

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

1 recommendation

EG to neil0311

Premium Member

to neil0311
said by neil0311:

This gateway supports IPv6. I'm using it and have had v6 connectivity since day 1.

Hmmm. Strange. That is not what I have been seeing in many many posts here and at their in-house help forms since the device was distributed.
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA

1 recommendation

scelli (banned) to neil0311

to neil0311
said by neil0311:

Been using the TC8305 since April. Checked the new unit out immediately after installation on-site by a Comcast tech and noticed there was no IPv6 and frankly really wasn't concerned at that point, although eventually having such access will become necessary.

BTW: I'm assuming the 0311 in your ID is/was your MOS and certainly don't mean to disagree since I also held the 0311 MOS (along with 5 others as well...), but it would be helpful if (as someone else has already suggested) you'd post the firmware your unit currently uses.

TIA!

tshirt
Premium Member
Snohomish, WA

1 recommendation

tshirt to neil0311

Premium Member

to neil0311
said by neil0311:

Are you sure you are seeing true dual stack and not a 6to4 tunnel?
Can you post an ipconfig /all (or similar if not on windows)

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

1 recommendation

NetDog to neil0311

Premium Member

to neil0311
said by neil0311:

Not Native v6 or we have you on a test bootfile that allows it..
NetDog

2 recommendations

NetDog to bgoodbody

Premium Member

to bgoodbody
To be CLEAR here... Dual-Stack is NOT enabled on this device at this time, we are waiting on new code from the vendor.
bgoodbody
Bill G
North Truro, MA

1 recommendation

bgoodbody

Thanks, that is what has been observed here. Just installed one for a Comcast Client who was sent it to replace the TM502

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

2 recommendations

NetDog

Premium Member

said by NetDog:

To be CLEAR here... Dual-Stack is NOT enabled on this device at this time, we are waiting on new code from the vendor.

Ok, so new info.. The new code was launched this week, v6 will be enabled shortly.. Same process as a code push, soak for a couple of weeks then national..
neil0311
Marietta, GA

1 recommendation

neil0311 to NetDog

to NetDog
Click for full size

Sorry but you're wrong. Since day 1...IPv6 has worked and is working.

I've currently on the following, but had the firmware that was upgraded and rolled back for about a week as well and IPv6 worked fine then too.

HW Version: 1.5
Vendor: Technicolor
BOOT Version: 2.1.8_Technicolor
Core Version: 01.E6.00.31
Model: TC8305C
Product Type: Technicolor DOCSIS 3.0 advanced cable gateway
Flash Part: 64MB
Download Version: 01.E6.00.31

As you can see, both a speedtest and an IPv6 test show native dual stack IPv6.

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

1 recommendation

NetDog

Premium Member

said by neil0311:

Sorry but you're wrong. Since day 1...IPv6 has worked and is working.

Send me your CM-MAC I want to take a look at the bootfile that is loaded on your device.. It is possible someone added the dual-stack to the production bootfile but it should have been..
neil0311
Marietta, GA

1 edit

1 recommendation

neil0311

This is the boot file that's loaded: d11_v_tc8305cims_widebandshowcaseblast_c02.cm

I assume you work for Comcast, NetDog? If so, how would you like me to send you my MAC? And I assume you will not make any changes or modifications? Whatever I have...it works, and want to keep it that way.

BTW...just to be sure this isn't the difference, I'm using the gateway in bridge mode with an RT-N66U router.

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

1 recommendation

NetDog

Premium Member

said by neil0311:

BTW...just to be sure this isn't the difference, I'm using the gateway in bridge mode with an RT-N66U router.

OK here is the key.. you have it in bridge mode.. Yep that will work.. The Dual-Stack on the eRouter is not enabled.. Ok so we are both right and both wrong, I can accept that ..
NetDog

1 recommendation

NetDog to neil0311

Premium Member

to neil0311
said by neil0311:

I assume you work for Comcast, NetDog?

oh and please dont assume.. Look here »/faq/16267 for the employees that are authorized to represent Comcast on BBR's forum..

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

2 recommendations

NetFixer to neil0311

Premium Member

to neil0311
said by neil0311:

N.M.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· npaWQJO0

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

1 recommendation

EG to bgoodbody

Premium Member

to bgoodbody
Reply meant for neil0311

So the plot thickens...
neil0311
Marietta, GA

1 recommendation

neil0311 to NetDog

to NetDog
said by NetDog:

said by neil0311:

OK here is the key.. you have it in bridge mode.. Yep that will work.. The Dual-Stack on the eRouter is not enabled.. Ok so we are both right and both wrong, I can accept that ..

No one made the distinction, and previously there were EMTAs and modems that were not v6 capable.

Personally, I don't know how anyone can use the built in router/access point unless you have a very basic setup and small home with no 2.4GHz interference. If that was my only choice, I would drop phone service and buy my own Moto or other D3 modem that I could use with my own router.
neil0311

1 recommendation

neil0311 to NetDog

to NetDog
said by NetDog:

said by neil0311:

I assume you work for Comcast, NetDog?

oh and please dont assume.. Look here »/faq/16267 for the employees that are authorized to represent Comcast on BBR's forum..

Good to know. Perhaps assume wasn't the best choice of words. Surmise was probably the correct way to put it.
jm101
join:2011-07-17
Oakland, CA

1 recommendation

jm101 to bgoodbody

to bgoodbody
Any update on this? Is the TC8305C still getting IPv6 eventually?

NetDog
Premium Member
Hollywood, FL

3 recommendations

NetDog to bgoodbody

Premium Member

to bgoodbody
It has been updated to include v6 a couple of days ago.. If you don't have v6 on this device yet just reboot the TC8305C..
neil0311
Marietta, GA

1 recommendation

neil0311

NetDog...here's a wrinkle. Been working with one of the Comcast engineers from your support forums. Here's my issue.

As you can see from my earlier posts in this thread, I had v6 working with bridge mode. At some point a few weeks ago, what I believe was the time of the last firmware update for the TC8305C, v6 stopped working for me.

I tried various versions of official Asus and the Merlin custom firmware. Nothing worked. Tried other routers to eliminate hardware issues. Nothing worked to get a v6 address.

I posted on the Comcast forums and ComcastTuska did some research and told me to reboot the gateway yesterday and it should now work with bridge mode. I rebooted several times and it did not work. I contacted ComcastTuska back and we traded some info, and he told me he was not even seeing the v6 DHCP request or anything other than v4.

I tried some other things on my router, including cloning my laptop MAC to my router to make it look like a new device. Didn't work. I then decided to enable UPNP (which has NEVER been enabled), and guess what...I now get a v6 address. If I disable UPNP...v6 is broken.

My guess...there is some firewall or port blocking or redirection happening on the TC8305C in bridge mode that was not there before the last firmware update. If you disagree, please help me understand how enabling UPNP on my Asus router is the difference between getting v6 working or not.