spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Squirrelly
join:2000-10-24
Harrisburg, PA

Squirrelly

live format updating in excel??

I using Excel and have a bunch of Tabs at the bottom, two for each month. The first Tab has Names, Shifts and some other information. Some of these Names are in BOLD, how can I get the formatting to carry over to the other Tabs with out using any type of programing?

I have all the names copied over to the other Tabs using =Names!D8 etc but that only copies the name and not the formatting.

If I change the format on the Names Tab 3 months from now Iwould like it to update the other Tabs as well

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

I think the CELL formula will tell you some of that.

Squirrelly
Harrisburg, PA

Squirrelly

not sure what you mean

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

»office.microsoft.com/en- ··· 392.aspx

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

Kalford to Squirrelly

MVM

to Squirrelly
You should be able to achieve what you want using the camera tool.

Squirrelly
Harrisburg, PA

Squirrelly

what is the camera tool?

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

1 edit

mmainprize to Squirrelly

to Squirrelly
Well your question is not clear what you want to do.

But you can right click the tab and select Move or Copy and it will copy the tab/worksheet to a new worksheet. Just rename and edit as needed.

Or
You can select the top left box just above the row number and next to the A lable, that will select all cells in the worksheet the Crtl-C to copy, then go to new worksheet and and select A1 and Paste.

Edit: If you just want to copy the format, then select cells and copy, then go to other sheet select cells and paste special Format only

Squirrelly
Harrisburg, PA

Squirrelly

sorry if I wasn't clear. I have names on the first tab of the worksheet then I coped those names to other tabs using the =name formula. That all works fine however I have some of those names in BOLD and that doesn't copy over. What I want to do is to be able to change the names when I need to and have some in bold and some not in bold but this will change monthly. The names on the other tabs don't show the bold format though.

Does that help?

Kalford
Seems To Be An Rtfm Problem.
MVM
join:2001-03-20
Ontario

1 recommendation

Kalford to Squirrelly

MVM

to Squirrelly
said by Squirrelly:

what is the camera tool?

here's a short video that demonstrates the camera tool.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· TjtFsDMk

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to Squirrelly

to Squirrelly
said by Squirrelly:

sorry if I wasn't clear. I have names on the first tab of the worksheet

That is not correct. Tab names are names of worksheet in a workbook.
You mean you have named cells in a worksheet of a workbook. You have copied the the cell to other worksheets using =name. That only copies the value not the formatting.

If the worksheets are copies of each other and you want the changes made to one to be copied to the other then you can copy the sheet after it has been changed to the other sheet and paste just the Values or just the formatting. If they are not copies of each other then you need to format each or write a macro to copy the formatting for you.

Squirrelly
Harrisburg, PA

Squirrelly

thanks kalford, I think the camera tool will do exactly what I want. I played around with it a little today at work and it looks like just what I wanted. Need to test it a little more but it should work.