spc
Search similar:

uniqs

chpalmer
join:2002-11-18
Belfair, WA

chpalmer

Outages Due To Wind

We have power but the modem is getting no signal and the tv is out.

Gorst

Big Surprise...

bmccoy
join:2013-03-18
Port Orchard, WA

bmccoy

My guess is the power supply to your node is dead. My power is out and my MTA has been constantly resetting since it went out at 8:03PM...

chpalmer
Belfair, WA
·Astound
·VOIPO

chpalmer

We never lost power even to the node which is right down the street from us. But I did drive over to the area of the main office to check a site generator for someone else and saw how widespread the outage was over there. We went out at 8:03 as well.

Flap we
@24.113.96.x

Flap we

Anon

You do realize commercial power can be out and your house can still be on right? Also power to a node can be elsewhere; so it may be. Fuse pops down the road not at the physical node, depends on where the power supply is not the node.

bmccoy
Port Orchard, WA

bmccoy

My node, which is right down my street, has power, while I don't because I'm on a leg that has snapped a few blocks down. Just because you get power, doesn't mean that the node does. By the way, last night the Port Orchard headend was running on generator power until the east PO substation went back up. PSE is using helicopters to assess line damage right now, last night was certainly a bad night for them.

chpalmer
Belfair, WA

chpalmer to Flap we

to Flap we

Yep- I actually know allot about the construction of the "Node". Im kinda in the industry... I know ours was up because the charge light was still lit and we had no power down in the vicinity.
chpalmer

chpalmer to bmccoy

to bmccoy
We attempted to go out to Spiros right down the street so we drove by Waves building and noticed it was totally out. I didn't hear any generator running but truthfully wasn't looking.

All my site generators started and that is all that counts... Means I was able to sleep that night.

bmccoy
Port Orchard, WA

bmccoy

jwvo See Profile said that the headend was running on generator power Saturday night, but my internet/phone service worked fine whenever the MTA wasn't rebooting due to that horrible bug mentioned in an earlier post.
Cookie5
join:2014-01-30
Port Orchard, WA

Cookie5 to chpalmer

to chpalmer
I lost power for a little under 2 hours Saturday night but my emta & router are on an UPS that kept internet working fine. UPS battery gave out about 2 minutes before power came back=nice timing.

bmccoy
Port Orchard, WA

bmccoy

My UPS only lasted 15 minutes when the power went out last Saturday night.