spc
Search similar:

uniqs

GeNomer
join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN

GeNomer

Rumor: BHN speed increase

Ok, I heard a rumor that BHN will be increasing speeds across all tiers. I can't find anything official though. Wondering if anyone has heard anything as well? Or perhaps Gary can confirm or deny what I've heard? I know that my modem is now locking down 8 bonded channels instead of 6 which would seem to be a step towards an increase in speed. I'm hearing 90/10 goes up to 150/10. I really hope this is true, but as I said, so far it seems to only be a rumor.

Random dude
@68.204.20.x

Random dude

Anon

I heard the same thing a few days ago. I wrote tech support and they confirmed it but the 60 customers are going to 75 not 90.

Wiseguy
@73.191.134.x

Wiseguy

Anon

Randomguy is right
b145145
join:2013-12-17

b145145 to GeNomer

to GeNomer
I hope so but the upload really needs a boost. I think the time warner cable boost has everyone in the highest tier at 300/20?
kmdean
join:2012-06-22
Orlando, FL

kmdean

Yeah Time Warner's MAXX upgrades in certain markets are really nice:

Basic Customers 3/1 to be 10/1
Standard Customers 15/1 to be 50/5
Turbo Customers 20/2 to be 100/10
Extreme Customers 30/5 to be 200/20
Ultimate Customers 50/5 to be 300/20

Doesn't sound like we're getting a similar boost, but something's better than nothing and an increase in upload speed as well would be nice.

I think some of those highest speeds would require 16 bonded downstream channels and maybe our network is just not there yet.

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL

Astyanax to GeNomer

Premium Member

to GeNomer
What about us cheapos on "Lightning" 30 or are we just the red-headed stepchildren of the service tiers? We could feel some love too!
kmdean
Orlando, FL

kmdean

Our service tiers aren't the same as Time Warners, so I'd expect to see speed changed across our tiers as well.

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL

Astyanax

Premium Member

Wait till Gary sees yet another rumor thread like this one.
kmdean
Orlando, FL

kmdean

He hinted at some speed changes months ago in the October/November timeframe, but obviously couldn't say more at the time, so it seems like we're on schedule.
sestrada
Premium Member
join:2012-11-05
U.S.A.

sestrada to GeNomer

Premium Member

to GeNomer
What about business internet customer?

kdwycha
join:2003-01-30
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha to Astyanax

to Astyanax
said by Astyanax:

What about us cheapos on "Lightning" 30 or are we just the red-headed stepchildren of the service tiers? We could feel some love too!

We are not cheapos lol. I had the lightning 90 and it was pointless other then to download a linux iso in 2 minutes. I would like to see a little bump in the 30 though.
cyong
join:2013-05-31
Winter Park, FL

cyong to GeNomer

to GeNomer
fingers crossed that if there is a speed bump to lightning 90 so that we get 150, that we get at least 15 on the upload side too. I currently max out my upload without trying.....
RPXZ4
join:2014-08-26

RPXZ4 to GeNomer

to GeNomer
I rather they keep 90 lighting the way it is regarding download and bump the upload to 20 Either way, any increase in speed is still satisfying.

paradigmfl
join:2005-07-16

paradigmfl to GeNomer

to GeNomer
If they raise the standard tier to anything above the current 1 Mbps upload without additional increases in prices or fees within the next 365 days I'll significantly hold back on my criticism of them. I just don't see it. It is not in their nature. It used to be but they really changed as a company within the last five years.
DJStarfox
join:2000-07-05
Orlando, FL

DJStarfox to GeNomer

to GeNomer
I'd like to see RR Lite go from 1/0.3 to 1.5/0.5 Mbps so YouTube plays properly... Likely they don't care about us poor folk.

kdwycha
join:2003-01-30
Ruskin, FL

kdwycha to GeNomer

to GeNomer
How do yall figure out modem info like how many channels it is using? When I try to access the administration page on my Motorola it asks for a username and password.

paradigmfl
join:2005-07-16

1 edit

paradigmfl to DJStarfox

to DJStarfox
said by DJStarfox:

I'd like to see RR Lite go from 1/0.3 to 1.5/0.5 Mbps so YouTube plays properly... Likely they don't care about us poor folk.

I'm not sure if you qualify or not as it goes partially by zipcode but maybe check out »everyoneon.org/

Here you can get about 5M/1M for $10 a month. The catch is it is through WIMAX which is going away sometime in mid to late 2015. I would do it but I need cable for special reasons.

Also Earthlink (over BHN cable) used to be available at the standard speeds for $41.95 with no modem fee. I'm not sure how it works now or if it is still an option. If you want to try it call Earthlink. If you call Brighthouse they will likely deny it being available even if it is.
Opt
join:2012-04-04
Bakersfield, CA

Opt

I hope this speed increase gives us a better upload bandwidth.

6Mbps upload just doesn't cut it. Paying more for 9Mbps isn't worth it either.

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup to GeNomer

to GeNomer
So if they are applying TWC increases, I wonder if this means that they will also be making the new tiers available to Earthlink customers. TWC recently announced that EL subs will now have access to higher speeds.

GeNomer
join:2013-01-21
Indianapolis, IN

GeNomer to kdwycha

to kdwycha
said by kdwycha:

How do yall figure out modem info like how many channels it is using? When I try to access the administration page on my Motorola it asks for a username and password.

Well I have an Arris modem and it doesn't ask me for anything to view that info. It does require login to change stuff though. For motorola you can try username: admin and password: motorola, otherwise you might have to call and ask or ask Gary.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

BHNtechXpert to GeNomer

Premium Member

to GeNomer
Rumor confirmed!

I will have more to discuss on this later tonight. In the meantime it is VERY important that you bring your systems up to the standards in this thread »[Internet] Minimum Equipment Standards For Our Speed Tiers

Wiseguy
@73.191.134.x

Wiseguy to Opt

Anon

to Opt
upload is staying the same
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Rumor confirmed!

I will have more to discuss on this later tonight. In the meantime it is VERY important that you bring your systems up to the standards in this thread »[Internet] Minimum Equipment Standards For Our Speed Tiers

Awesome! Can't wait.
davidng150
join:2009-12-26
Ocoee, FL

davidng150 to GeNomer

to GeNomer
Orlando Sentinel article on the upcoming speed increase: »www.orlandosentinel.com/ ··· ory.html
thischucks
join:2012-11-12
Dunnellon, FL

thischucks

waiting to hear what BHNtechXpert says about it, nothing in article mentions the old lightning plans
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by thischucks:

waiting to hear what BHNtechXpert says about it, nothing in article mentions the old lightning plans

Fear not...existing 90/60/30/10/1 will all benefit.
thischucks
join:2012-11-12
Dunnellon, FL

thischucks

what about the 40/5 plan?
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to davidng150

to davidng150
said by davidng150:

Orlando Sentinel article on the upcoming speed increase: »www.orlandosentinel.com/ ··· ory.html

quote:
At Bright House, customers with a 10 megabit connection will see speeds increase to 15 megabits; 30 megabit speeds will go up to 35 megabits; and 60 megabits will go to 75 megabits per second. Top-tier customers at 90 megabits will see speeds upped to 150 megabits per second.

If you're on the 10/1, that's a nice bump! But sadly for Lightning, this bump is a nudge to get you to upgrade to the upper tiers. Very little love for Lightning 30...maybe more excitement on the upload side.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to thischucks

Premium Member

to thischucks
said by thischucks:

what about the 40/5 plan?

More information about customers with our grandfathered speeds (Turbo 15, Turbo 20 and Lightning 40) will be coming soon.
kmdean
Orlando, FL

2 recommendations

kmdean to Aprel

to Aprel
Wow, 30 to 35 is a joke (should be at least 45) and I expect no upload speed difference as well. It's a shame considering what TWC is doing for their customers with MAXX.