Search similar:

uniqs
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable

[Channels] NBA league pass Free Preview

FREE preview 10/28/14–11/4/14
Available on Channels 1490–1499 and 1450–1454 (HD)
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy

[citation needed] on Verizon actually including HD channels as part of the preview. Especially since the NHL preview is still going and still not including HD channels.
FIOS4cable
join:2009-05-08
NYC

FIOS4cable

Here's the newsletter . It will

»images-promo.verizon.com ··· 13100161
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
In VHO6 NHL is over NBA may be on but Sd only
TonyD79
join:2010-04-08
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79 to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
Wow. How dumb. When you want to sell a product and give a sample, you give a sample of the product. Fios is only free viewing SD? How does that horrible mess sell anyone?

JH28
@108.4.104.x

JH28

Anon

first game on league pass of opening night is Pelicans/Magic. Only in SD!!!!!!

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

4 edits

bohratom to TonyD79

to TonyD79
said by TonyD79:

Fios is only free viewing SD?

Tony it's been discussed before and the explanation is that all customers do not have boxes that can handle MPEG-4 (currently only UltimateHD customers have channels in MPEG-4) and they do not want their support having to deal with tech calls on a free preview. Verizon use to have MPEG-2 HD channels for sports free previews but replaced them.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by bohratom:

said by TonyD79:

Fios is only free viewing SD?

...(currently only UltimateHD customers have channels in MPEG-4)....

Not true -- channel 616 is MPEG-4 and is now in Extreme HD. Also some sports package channels are in MPEG-4.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by PJL:

Not true -- channel 616 is MPEG-4 and is now in Extreme HD

That channel just was added within the last few weeks for ExtremeHD so my main point still stands which is that Verizon does not want tech calls from customers that do not have the MPEG-4 compliant equipment.

NYCdave was the one who answered this same question last year and I think we all hold him in high regards when it comes to FIOS inside information.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to bohratom

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

Tony it's been discussed before and the explanation is that all customers do not have boxes that can handle MPEG-4 (currently only UltimateHD customers have channels in MPEG-4) and they do not want their support having to deal with tech calls on a free preview.

Then Verizon have to convert everyone to an MPEG-4 capable boxes. Problem solved.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL to bohratom

to bohratom
said by bohratom:

said by PJL:

Not true -- channel 616 is MPEG-4 and is now in Extreme HD

That channel just was added within the last few weeks for ExtremeHD so my main point still stands which is that Verizon does not want tech calls from customers that do not have the MPEG-4 compliant equipment.

NYCdave was the one who answered this same question last year and I think we all hold him in high regards when it comes to FIOS inside information.

Hmmm...you just contradicted your own post and confirmed what I said.

I hold Dave in the highest regard. This a year later and things apparently have changed regarding MPEG-4 in the Extreme package, like customers returning 7XXX STBs for VMS STBs, thus allowing that inventory to deployed to Extreme customers.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

2 edits

bohratom

said by PJL:

This a year later and things apparently have changed regarding MPEG-4 in the Extreme package, like customers returning 7XXX STBs for VMS STBs, thus allowing that inventory to deployed to Extreme customers.

I'll let Dave comment as I give up explaining how FIOS tries to roll out MPEG-4 deployment to customers without correct equipment in a "controlled way" that does NOT include Free Previews....

Hint, check out how they rolled out MPEG-4 for Ultimate-HD, it did not include Free Previews of MPEG-4 for them....
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

Again, your assuming what happened in the past explains the present or predicts the future. This is Verizon after all. And you know what the word "assume" does...

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to bluepoint

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

Problem solved.

Could not agree more...
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy to FIOS4cable

to FIOS4cable
This is exactly why I asked for a link to the announcement. And what do you know, Verizon clearly advertised that HD channels were included in the preview and then didn't include them. I wonder what the FTC would think of that?