SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

1 edit

SparkChaser

Premium Member

Becareful what you wish for, The STB saga SOLVED

I had a 6416 STB and wanted an upgrade to get the MPEG4. The techs at Direct Verizon hooked me up and I had a box on the way. Only thing is they put me down for the 6416 and a 7100-p2.

I didn't know that. So, now I have a 7100-p2. No, DVR the 6416 was returned.

BUT on Verizon list at the moment I have both and if I want a 7232 I have to order it and hope that the paper work all comes together and I only have one STB or I'll have 3 STBs.

Dish or Comcast is looking better for TV
Expand your moderator at work
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to SparkChaser

to SparkChaser

Re: Becareful what you wish for, The STB saga

Have you gone back to Verizon Direct and told them what happened?

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

No, I haven't. I was on with Verizon for an hour. The people I talked to seem to think the only way to resolve it was to start over. Meaning, ordering a DVR which may or may not be a 7216,32.

*sigh*
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

said by SparkChaser:

No, I haven't. I was on with Verizon for an hour. The people I talked to seem to think the only way to resolve it was to start over. Meaning, ordering a DVR which may or may not be a 7216,32.

*sigh*

Did you "talk" to them or open a thread?

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

I was on with the "text messaging support" went through 4 departments

I can try the thread. I was beat after the hour session.

Stankyest
@173.75.211.x

Stankyest to SparkChaser

Anon

to SparkChaser
said by SparkChaser:

I had a 6416 STB and wanted an upgrade to get the MPEG4. The techs at Direct Verizon hooked me up and I had a box on the way. Only thing is they put me down for the 6416 and a 7100-p2.

I didn't know that. So, now I have a 7100-p2. No, DVR the 6416 was returned.

BUT on Verizon list at the moment I have both and if I want a 7232 I have to order it and hope that the paper work all comes together and I only have one STB or I'll have 3 STBs.

Dish or Comcast is looking better for TV

I know it's kind of a pain in the arse, but when I upgraded my STB's, I went to one of their storefront locations. I called ahead of time, confirmed they had the STB's that I wanted and swapped out 3 STB's, including a DVR. I live in Devon and went to one of their Delaware locations, but they also have locations in Philly. Not sure if this link will work for you, but if it doesn't, just Google FIOS storefront locations if you want to go that route...

»www.verizon.com/Support/ ··· MC-FSL01

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to PJL

Premium Member

to PJL
said by PJL:

Have you gone back to Verizon Direct and told them what happened?

Just left a message in the Direct forum. See if they have any thoughts on this.

What is so frustrating is I was passed around to 4 departments yesterday. The tech people know exactly what the problem is and what to do but they tie their hands and you have to go through sales (I guess) to get a dvr and they don't understand the problem.

Thanks Stankyest, yes I know where the DE store. Watch the news for a story about an old geezer barricading himself in there

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

I cannot believe they are still sending out 6416 boxes. That is ridiculous.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

Re: Becareful what you wish for, The STB saga SOLVED

Thanks to Todd in direct support I have an out of the box 7232. Great job by Todd.