spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wideglide36
join:2003-11-08
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

[Anveo] Anveo questions and mini review

I finally bit the bullet and got a new number at Anveo, albeit, not the one I originally wanted.

Questions: I'm trying to set up my new number so that all calls go to voice mail at specified times. Specifically over night when people are sleeping.

I tried using the "Business Hours" control tab, but when I do this, I get "warning messages" stating that, "Not all outgoing connectors are connected". "No incoming connection activity will be executed".

I also see a red flag message saying that "An old version is detected. Please explore new options". Etc. etc. What and where are these new options, and how do I set them up?

I'm using the default call flow template, and just using that template, all control tabs are "OK", but every time I try to add the "Business Hours" tab, I get the warning messages.

Is there some other way to set a time schedule?

I'm not even scratching the surface as far as what all the different options and features do, it's still way over my head, but I'm trying.

My personal thoughts: I had a much easier time learning how to use Voip.ms and Callcentric. So, I don't know whether you would consider that criticism or just that I'm not smart enough to use Anveo.

I'm trying to get a handle on this call flow thingy but it's still kicking my butt.

Is it just me or does it seem a little too cartoonish? I know, more criticism.

I wanted to set up voice mail and it took me quite some time to find it under "PBX".

I would have had a separate tab for voice mail that was easy to find. Somehow I must have missed it when I was clicking on those top tabs. Gotta be a simpler way for us common folk.

I also had some trouble setting up CSipSimple on my phone, but after doing a quick Google search, I was able to get things set up correctly. Port number needed to be added.

I'm sure after some more time on their site I will learn how things work, but so far it's been a struggle.

But yeah, if anyone could help me with the over night time schedule, it would sure help.

Forgot to add, I have the "Per minute" plan.

Thanks...

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by wideglide36:

Questions: I'm trying to set up my new number so that all calls go to voice mail at specified times. Specifically over night when people are sleeping.

This simple Call Flow works without any warnings or issues.

Arne Bolen

Arne Bolen to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

I wanted to set up voice mail and it took me quite some time to find it under "PBX".

I would have had a separate tab for voice mail that was easy to find. Somehow I must have missed it when I was clicking on those top tabs. Gotta be a simpler way for us common folk.

A tip. When you start to use a new service make it a habit to always explore all tabs and menus. That will save you a lot of trouble.
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36

said by Arne Bolen:

said by wideglide36:

A tip. When you start to use a new service make it a habit to always explore all tabs and menus. That will save you a lot of trouble.

Thanks Arne. I'll remember that.

crazyk4952
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
united state
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR
Polycom VVX300

crazyk4952 to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

My personal thoughts: I had a much easier time learning how to use Voip.ms and Callcentric.

I have similar feelings. Anveo definitely has a steeper learning curve!
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to Arne Bolen

to Arne Bolen
said by Arne Bolen:

said by wideglide36:

This simple Call Flow works without any warnings or issues.

Thanks for that example Arne.

Still not working for me. Every time I add the Business Hours tab and set the times, I get the warning messages.

I'll keep playing around with it.

Thanks.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by wideglide36:

Still not working for me. Every time I add the Business Hours tab and set the times, I get the warning messages.

Please post a screenshot of your Call Flow and your warning messages.

RobThompson
Caution - VoIP Challenged Alert
Premium Member
join:2012-02-14
J8G 0C9

RobThompson to Arne Bolen

Premium Member

to Arne Bolen
Hi Arne:

For what is worth, I once suggested that they, Anveo, include a site map on their web page - guess it was "too complicated" to program, am I correct PX?
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

anveo to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
Each Call Flow widget has incoming connector and one or many outgoing connectors.
"Not all outgoing connectors are connected" message means that you have a widget in your call flow wit outgoing connector not connected to any other widget. The warning message is just a warning (not an error) and the call flow can still be executed.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to RobThompson

Premium Member

to RobThompson
said by RobThompson:

I once suggested that they, Anveo, include a site map on their web page

IMHO I can't see the need for a site map. It's just so much easier to browse the different tabs and menus when starting to use a service.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
join:2014-08-20
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX

Premium Member

My biggest complaint about the Anveo websites are the inconsistencies between the Retail and Direct websites. It would be nice if the menus were made as consistent as possible between the two.
anveo
Premium Member

anveo

Premium Member

Anveo Direct and Anveo Retail are separate services. Anveo Direct is wholesale service which has different set of options.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to CatsEyeX

Premium Member

to CatsEyeX
said by CatsEyeX:

My biggest complaint about the Anveo websites are the inconsistencies between the Retail and Direct websites.

Retail and Direct are completely different services thus it's impossible to have identical websites.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

CatsEyeX to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
Yes I understand there are different sets of options, there are some functions which overlap, such as purchasing or configuring a DID.
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to anveo

to anveo
said by anveo:

Each Call Flow widget has incoming connector and one or many outgoing connectors.
"Not all outgoing connectors are connected" message means that you have a widget in your call flow wit outgoing connector not connected to any other widget. The warning message is just a warning (not an error) and the call flow can still be executed.

Thank you.

As long as it works I'm happy.

I'll just ignore the warning messages......
wideglide36

wideglide36 to anveo

to anveo
said by anveo:

I didn't realize that you needed to make the actual connection by dragging the tiny triangle icon from one widget to the other one.

I finally got the call flow I wanted with the time schedule and no warning messages.

Success!

Thanks again.

Arne Bolen
Premium Member
Utopia

Arne Bolen to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
said by wideglide36:

I'll just ignore the warning messages......

You could also make sure all connectors are connected to a Call Flow item to avoid warning messages.
CatsEyeX
Premium Member
Alviso, CA

1 recommendation

CatsEyeX to anveo

Premium Member

to anveo
Now, I will also throw this in. Between Anveo, CallCentric and now Voip.ms, Anveo is the only of the three that I have NOT had any need to contact support.

Everything has just worked as expected.
anveo
Premium Member

anveo to wideglide36

Premium Member

to wideglide36
In case another Anveo user will get to this thread here is a link to short 'How to Call Flow' video tutorial »www.anveo.com/demo.asp?c ··· callflow
The tutorial covers basic features of Anveo Call Flow Builder.
wideglide36
Altoona, PA

wideglide36 to CatsEyeX

to CatsEyeX
said by CatsEyeX:

Now, I will also throw this in. Between Anveo, CallCentric and now Voip.ms, Anveo is the only of the three that I have NOT had any need to contact support.

Everything has just worked as expected.

I never meant for this thread to be a "my voip provider is better than yours", but it looks like it might be heading that way.

Sorry, I was just asking for advice on how to solve an issue I was having.

My fault for adding the mini review.

Apologies all around.......
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

said by wideglide36:

I never meant for this thread to be a "my voip provider is better than yours", but it looks like it might be heading that way.

I wouldn't take it personally. Many threads inadvertently turn out like that. It really adds value to the forum!