spc
Search similar:

uniqs

BSAIII
join:2007-06-16
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII

Who supplies guide info?

They got it wrong last night. CSI listed as new, title of Girls Gone Wilder, S15E5, description indicates a mass shooting.

Actually shown was S14E5 title Frame By Frame.

Or CBS screwed up and broadcast the wrong show.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Both TV Guide & Zap2It had the same thing listed, so maybe CBS made a last minute switch

anonJust
@173.63.184.x

anonJust

Anon

The NFL games on CBS ran late so CBS decided to preempt the new episode and push it to next week

BSAIII
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII

Never thought of that. Thanks.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to anonJust

to anonJust
Correct, I saw this with my TiVo on Comcast. Went from The Good Wife to the local news with a delay. But no CSI at all. Wish they'd just shove the game to NFL Network if it runs over and stop screwing around with primetime programming.

BSAIII
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII

Well, CBS did it again. Last night guide says the same as a week ago. S15E5 Girls Gone Wilder, mass shooting at a forensics conference.

Actually shown was S14E21 title Kitty. Introducing concept of CSI: Cyber

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
said by Mike Wolf:

Correct, I saw this with my TiVo on Comcast. Went from The Good Wife to the local news with a delay. But no CSI at all.
Wish they'd just shove the game to NFL Network if it runs over and stop screwing around with primetime programming.

Yea right.

The NFL game did a 10 rating in 18-49 while the good wife did its usual "whopping" 1.2.
nowayout
join:2009-06-22
Allentown, PA

nowayout to BSAIII

to BSAIII
East coast CBS is notorious for not padding sports correctly.

I'm glad Amazing Race is on another night this season.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

The producers probably threatened to sue or leave the network if they weren't.
Mike Wolf

Mike Wolf to dcowboy

to dcowboy
Who gives a toot when they're depriving their viewer base of programming that people actually want to watch. I mean it wouldn't be a problem if they'd just air the damn episodes at 2am or on another night like they do for the soap operas when those get preempted.
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy

That's your solution to allowing people to watch a primetime show, running it at 2am? Remind me not to hire you to run my TV network. They'll either push the entire schedule back a week, or air the missing episode in place of a rerun sometime later in the year. No big deal.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

mmm you forget CSI has story arcs so to air a show later in the year would screw the entire storyline up and it'd be really out of place. I've seen what other networks do when they have a live event running over, they send it off to their sister network like how ABC sends it to one of their ESPN channels. That way there's no screwed up primetime shows.

dcowboy
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy

said by Mike Wolf:

I've seen what other networks do when they have a live event running over, they send it off to their sister network like how ABC sends it to one of their ESPN channels. That way there's no screwed up primetime shows.

As i mentioned they arent going to do that with a football game that 29.1 million people are watching.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
Football will always pre-empt network programming.
May not like it, but for now, that is the business model they go with. And the ratings prove it out.
Football out draws any other network programming.
Its all about the money.

Mike Wolf
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf to dcowboy

to dcowboy
wouldn't put it past them though, NASCAR and other auto racing events do it, and I've seen it done with baseball.
at the end of the day all I care about is getting those damn episodes aired and not screw up the rest of the season. I swear idiots run the networks.

dcowboy
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy

NFL is here...................................................................................everything else is here.
dfwguy

dfwguy to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
The episode of CSI that was supposed to air on 10/26 was pushed to 11/2 and the 11/2 episode was pushed to 11/9. Then both were pushed an additional week. Nothing was missed and nothing is being aired out of order. It's not like we're talking about Fox here.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to Mike Wolf

to Mike Wolf
Most events aren't moved to the new channel.
Typically, the start of the next event (and I have only seen it done with sports not regular programming) is the one temporarily moved to the new channel.
Its to keep people happy.
How do you move a live event that is in progress to another channel?
Imagine the outrage if they move the event and while it is gone (and before you can tune to the new channel) a game changing event happens?
bull3964
join:2014-09-27
Pittsburgh, PA

bull3964 to dcowboy

to dcowboy
said by dcowboy:

NFL is here...................................................................................everything else is here.

Actually, The Walking Dead has twice beat out Sunday Night Football in the key 18-49 demographic this year.
dfwguy

dfwguy

What the numbers really show is that when the SNF game is uncompetitive, people turn it off early and either go to sleep or watch TWD on the DVR that night instead of waiting a day or two.

dcowboy
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to bull3964

to bull3964
said by bull3964:

said by dcowboy:

Actually, The Walking Dead has twice beat out Sunday Night Football in the key 18-49 demographic this year.

Actually in the 4 head to heads this yr so far its a 2-2 tie in 18-49.

SNF won for their wks 7 & 8 while TWD won wks 6 & 9.

Last yr SNF beat TWD 6 out of the 8 head to heads.

Also last yr SNF 18-49 season avg was 7.9 which beat TWD 6.8.
eyeofnewt
join:2014-09-24

eyeofnewt to BSAIII

to BSAIII
Tribune media supplies info to Zap2It as well as for Tivo and other major entertainment outlets.

There has been a lot of mistagging (new as old and vice versa), missing episode information and general misinformation as of late.

I noticed that there is a new episode of RHONJ slated to air on Bravo today, 11/11 at 9pm but the guide is showing the same repeat episode at both 8 and 9pm. Very frustrating.