Search similar:

uniqs

theboyk
join:2004-10-04
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

theboyk

[DSL] Thanks TekSavvy!

Just wanted to say a huge "thanks" to TekSavvy, and Martin in particular, for going above and beyond to help get the job done! I've been a TSI customer for years, and for years, I've been trying to get B(h)ell (via TSI) to install a proper, grounded NID at my location (when I moved into my current house, it was just a telephone line from the street, directly into the home (with lots of electrical tape and old, frayed wires in between).

Anyway, I recently decided to "upgrade" to a dry loop and Martin thought this was a perfect opportunity to get B(h)ell to install the NID (there was no way to directly request Bell do the work, but the plan that Martin came up with pretty much required a NID installation for job completion to be possible). He came up with a great plan, and even though it took a lot of hand-holding of the "installation agent" last night (because even then, he tried to get away with not installing the NID), I finally got the NID installed. It's a small victory...but a victory none-the-less. Ha!

So, again—big thanks to TSI and Martin!
k.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Thanks for the Kudos! I will ensure its distributed internally!

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to theboyk

Premium Member

to theboyk
Good to hear of a positive install/setup story. I bet a large majority of them go without incident, we only hear of the bad ones...

My cousin just had a good 15/1 DSL activation a couple weeks ago without incident, in a condo no less.

helix9
join:2000-01-03
Wiarton, ON

helix9 to theboyk

to theboyk
I had the same good fortune when I did my 15/1 upgrade. I had a tech who rerouted all the phone lines because he said they were a mess and it would save later service calls if he just did it right while he was there. He spent almost 3 hours here but by the time he was done it was all correct and working and I haven't had a connection drop to date.