FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

MIFO becomes the new TDSB trustee in Ward 1

quote:
Michael Ford, Jennifer Story, Ausma Malik and a few surprises in Toronto school trustee races
Michael Ford, the nephew of Rob and Doug Ford, won as trustee in the ward next to where his uncle Rob was elected. At 20-years-old, he is the youngest person elected in this vote.
»www.cbc.ca/news/canada/t ··· .2814989

Mike Ford was the right man for the school trustee job. Having no college degree to distract him from important matters and having the most recent experience in the principal's and vice-principal's, office, he was a natural to win. His platform "I haz youz rid end rite good - **** yeah - Ford-nation!" resonated with Ward 1's electorate. They responded with an overwhelming BAAAAAAAHHHHH

Question for you DSLR members: Who thinks that MIFO is the right person for the job?

P.S. He's not a TOTAL political lightweight. Changing his last name to match his uncles' and do away with questions about his parentage was a smart move

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario

Ah Toronto, that's why you so special.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

said by Lothario:

Ah Toronto, that's why you so special.

Yep... Ward 6 was also a freakshow.. Another guy with the last name Ford gave the pretty capable incumbent councilman, with an excellent track record a pretty good run for his money.. I think Russ Ford shot himself in the foot by distributing fliers clearly stating that he's not related to the Ford dynasty. He would have had a pretty solid crack at winning the seat had he mimicked MIFO's strategy of "don't talk to anyone, stay out of the public eye".

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

to FiReSTaRT
there is a Tifanny Ford that won Ward 4 school trustee.
don't know if there is any connection to "the" fords

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

There was another Ford of which I saw the sign at Jane and Wilson this morning (bloody 401 I ended driving crosstown on the streets)
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to FiReSTaRT

to FiReSTaRT
Click for full size
The inhabitants of Toronto never cease to amaze me.

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
Canada

1 edit

FiReSTaRT to koira

Premium Member

to koira
said by koira:

there is a Tifanny Ford that won Ward 4 school trustee.
don't know if there is any connection to "the" fords

Nope... Unlike MIFO, she has a post-secondary (Dork University) degree, a website, a platform and a history of formal involvement with the community youth. She also went up against the guy who was running the board even though he wasn't on it and the board needed a lot of fixing, so her candidacy has a lot more merit.

Here's an interesting read that says a lot about the old board and the guy she was running against »www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· /?page=1

And no, I have no reason to believe that MIFO will do anything positive while "earning" his 6-figure salary.
Expand your moderator at work

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to FiReSTaRT

Premium Member

to FiReSTaRT

Re: MIFO becomes the new TDSB trustee in Ward 1

He's being groomed by the elders for a long stint at the trough
Expand your moderator at work
System