spc
Search similar:

uniqs
polpo
join:2010-06-17
Cupertino, CA

polpo

[trueSTREAM] Netflix and trueSTREAM/AT&T

I'm very interested in trueSTREAM but I was wondering how being on AT&T's IP network will affect Netflix performance. AT&T and Netflix have had some very public squabbles about speeds, congestion, interconnects, etc. Right now things seem OK between them (presumably due to cash from Netflix) but who knows what the future holds. Would being on trueSTREAM shield us if AT&T let things get congested again?

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by polpo:

I'm very interested in trueSTREAM but I was wondering how being on AT&T's IP network will affect Netflix performance. AT&T and Netflix have had some very public squabbles about speeds, congestion, interconnects, etc. Right now things seem OK between them (presumably due to cash from Netflix) but who knows what the future holds. Would being on trueSTREAM shield us if AT&T let things get congested again?

The trueSTREAM service does use AT&T's IP network. With that said we have not heard any issues from our initial users having any problems with Netflix. As you mentioned AT&T and Netflix recently came to an agreement from a peering/backbone perspective. I don't think you will have any issues with Netflix.
vcresident
join:2013-03-26
Valley Center, CA

vcresident to polpo

to polpo
I don't have TrueStream, but i did get att Uverse 18mbps (speedtests show 23mbps) at one of my houses last week. I use a WDTV Live Plus and it was showing 480p for American Dad and Dexter. I haven't had any trouble actually starting a show or movie though.

I'm going to try again this week on a few different devices, and then again with a VPN.