All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

blk
@38.88.4.x

blk

Anon

is there a secret to restoring conf files?

My USG 20W hung for the fifth time over the past few weeks. I was changing a DHCP setting when it happened. I could not Telnet into the router and I could not find the CLI cable that supposedly came with the unit. Knowing I had 3 backup conf files over the past 10 days, I reset the router. After it completed the reset, I tried to restore the backed up conf file with no luck. It just kept ticking the time away, I left it for at least an hour. Not sure why 3 separate conf file backups did not work but that's what happened. So, is there a special way to restore conf files after a reset?
tranle
join:2001-06-10
Mountain View, CA

tranle

Have you tried uploading the backup version under a different name and use the 'apply' option ?

Also if your dhcp use a different network than the standard one (like I do) you may need to disable your pc network adapter and re-enable it so that it renegotiate a new network address.

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Brano to blk

MVM

to blk
You really need to find the console cable to understand what's going on.

blk
@174.44.136.x

blk

Anon

I found the console cable and purchased a ubs adapter to fit. So the next time it happens I shall try the cli, might need help to.