Search similar:

uniqs

inGearX
3.1415 9265
join:2000-06-11
New York

inGearX

SMS in Germany like Google Voice?

is there anything in Europe or particularly Germany that is like Google Voice in USA?

for free SMS?

I see SMS from GMX - »www.gmx.net/produkte/sms/sms/ - anyone read German?

app »www.gmx.net/produkte/mob ··· sms-app/

but is it only for people that have same app ? so it is like chat .. service .. like whatsApp??

thank you..

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

cb14

I spent only about 2 minutes reading it ( the first link) and what I see is a 9c ( eurocent) charge per SMS above the 100 free per month you have if you get their account. How much a subscription costs I did not check. Considered that an SMS costs a carrier less than nothing, any charge is too much.
cb14

cb14

There is nothing like GV in Germany( lucky them), but Localphone terminates to German land lines for 0.7c/min(US) which is pretty close to free. Also, if you live there, ISPs offer bundle packages with free national calling for a very low price. Another reason why completely free phone service is not likely there are the termination costs into mobile networks.
jobr
join:2004-10-21
Halifax, NS

jobr to inGearX

to inGearX
said by inGearX:

I see SMS from GMX - »www.gmx.net/produkte/sms/sms/ - anyone read German?

It says your own cellphone number will be shown as the caller ID. So you may need a German cellphone.

Googling for "voip sms Germany" turns up a number of products, for instance »www.voipdiscount.com/sms_rates

I have no experience with any of them, though.
crunchy
join:2009-04-21
Harrisburg, PA

crunchy to inGearX

to inGearX
Don't know if you'd call it free, but Voip.MS has SMS at no charge for their DIDs. 99c/month, I guess, is what it'd be for the DID - but you get and send SMS messages by email.
EDIT: a German DID is $6/mo via Voip.MS. A US/Canada DID starts at 99 cents/month.

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

cb14

Localphone offers German DID's for $ 1.00/month(unlimited incoming). Before anyone gets overexcited note that there are strict residency and documentation requirements for German DIDs.