spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tycarp
join:2014-10-29
Lincolnton, NC

tycarp

Conflicting link calculator results

Hello all, I'm building a house down a dead end road and no internet runs down there. My parents live half a mile away from where my house will be built but there's a bit of a hill in between a few trees.

Tx will be on top of a 40ft flag pole(can go higher if need be), RX will be at about 30ft on the peak of my house but I could locate it somewhere else on a higher pole if needed. Planning on using Ubiquiti products, looking at the Nanostation M2 right now until you guys tell me different.

Below you can see Ubiquiti's link calculation and ligowave's. Which one tends to be more accurate or is that location dependent? From the county's GIS maps it looks like Ligowave's is more accurate but I'm not sure. The trees in that picture are in that draw so it shouldn't be shooting through too many.

What do you guys think?

John Galt6
Forward, March
Premium Member
join:2004-09-30
Happy Camp

John Galt6

Premium Member

You might do better using a 5 GHz product on a higher gain antenna...the Fresnel Zone will be smaller. You're skirting those trees in the middle of the path (where it matters most); you'll need a narrow antenna beamwidth to do that.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to tycarp

to tycarp
Just FYI, the image has your exact latitude and longitude. That may be a privacy concern.
LLigetfa
join:2006-05-15
Fort Frances, ON

LLigetfa to tycarp

to tycarp
You may want to try Radio Mobile Online for a 3rd opinion.