PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche

Re: Clicker Heroes

So I take it I shouldn't click on OP's link?

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

So I take it I shouldn't click on OP's link?

It beckons, I've looked at the website but haven't done anything about it yet.

Noiche
Premium Member
join:2013-06-17
Apo, AP

Noiche to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Holy shit! People at work were wondering if anything was wrong cause I was laughing so hard that I teared up. So happy I could improve everyone's lives!!

(watches as Arch's LAN party becomes only Clicker Heroes and nothing else)

There's quite a few strategies out there, but the best I've found is to sit on x4 or x9 lvl until you can beat boss, pop all cooldowns, and tear through the boss and up to the next boss, then farm again. Also, for lvling up heroes, the best method I've seen is to lvl each hero to 10, get that boost, then move to next hero. Once you've gotten 3-5 heroes down, then go back and get all the boosts for old heroes when affordable (focusing on ones with % DMG increase to all heroes). You should get 130-140 lvl before you ascend the first time (read FAQs if you're confused). You'll figure out gilded heroes and ancients after 100 (hoard hero souls cause they increase your dmg if you don't spend them).

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Noiche

to Noiche
At at level 62 after 5h28m since first click.

My strategy is to grind X4 or X9 and after a while it becomes more lucrative to go back to the previous boss and grind that. Make sure to get your candies and pumpkins because they help a lot.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Yes, you want to camp the highest lvl possible cause of the candies that pop up. Click them for massive gold increases.

Your first play through will be roughly 2-4 days of game time since first click before you ascend. After that, it'll drop dramatically every time afterwards til you're clearing 150 in 10 minutes easy and stacking souls.

I'll finish my 2nd play through after work today since I'm farming 134 right now for the next 8-12 hours.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

What is a complete playthrough?
1-250?

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche
Good tips.

I also find that using the keyboard shortcuts in 25 increments (z) kinda gives you a better idea on how to upgrade once you get lots of $$$, as it will tell you the price. So I just wait until I can afford the next 25 bump and do it that way, which positions you better for the hero abilities (or whatever you call them).

You can use Shift to show 10x purchase and Ctrl for 100x (it's shown on the tooltips for the lvl ups, but just recently started using them)

I use the same the x4/x9 strat as well....been working thus far. Esp. while working....leave it for an hour or two, come back and spend.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche
Wow, I never liked VLTs but I understand them now.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche
What is ascension? I got a soul.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Its basically starting over at lvl 1, but with massive power boosts. For every soul you have that you don't spend, you get 10% more DMG on your next run. Every time you ascend, your power goes up even more, allowing you to progress super fast and to higher lvls.

I'd recommend not ascending until sometime between 130-139 and have at least 10 souls. I ascended at 139 and had 12 souls (spent 1 to buy my first ancient).

After ascending, I made it back to lvl 134 in half a day (vs the 3 days it took the first time). It gets faster and faster every time.

Also, ancients can do a number of things and get more powerful when you lvl them up. Read each carefully and choose wisely based on your play style. I personally actively play when I'm at my computer, which is why I've already got the 250k click achievement. It also speeds the run up for me a lot and gets gold faster.
Noiche

Noiche

Premium Member

When I get home, I'll write up a bit more detailed guide on what I've learned and recommend, and provide links to where I got all my information as well as to some DPs/gold calculators.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Noiche

to Noiche
This is a useful guide for beginners

»www.reddit.com/r/Clicker ··· ginners/

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche

Premium Member

Definitely use the guide TigerLord linked. It's actually far more detailed about early game than the one I was looking at was. Very good stuff.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

I just beat level 100 and am going to bed now. I like that even when the game is "offline" it still works, aka when you import back the save it's as if it never stopped.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
After reading this guide, I think this game will be the end of a lot of people.

El Quintron
Premium Member
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

I spent too much time on it yesterday.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
You're welcome, and you're welcome!

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm on level ~55 after almost 20 hours.

I have every hero upgraded at least twice up to Abaddon.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche
I'm a stupid human who's loving being stuck in this loop.
Game's running on 2 machines now, home and work.
This is not good.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Exodus

to Exodus
It is witchcraft.

TBH I regret trying it now I feel I have to spend the 50 days beating it.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
canada

EUS to Noiche

Premium Member

to Noiche
Those little candies are worth a whole bunch of coin.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Hmmm it's hard to say. You should be able to destroy 55 if you've got all the current heroes (especially the most recent) to at least lvl 1, and the rest behind it lvl 10 (with boost) or higher.

Make sure when you fight bosses, you use all your cooldowns for it.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Savious

to Savious
said by Savious:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I'm on level ~55 after almost 20 hours.

I have every hero upgraded at least twice up to Abaddon.

When upgrading heroes, you hire him, get him or her to level 10, buy the first upgrade, then you hire the next, and only come back to the other heroes once they're cheap to upgrade.

If you stopped at Abaddon you are missing some damage.

When beating a boss, use all your skills at once. I use 8-7-1-2-3-4-5 for maximum synergy. Then you beat the boss, and farm until your skills refresh for the next x4 or x9 boss.

Make sure to get the candies, huge bonuses in gold.

When you see the pumpkin, click on it as much as possible until it pops, it will either say TRICK (which means HAHA I FUCKED YOU) or "SKILL NAME". The pumpkin can activate any skill, for free, even if it's on CD, even if you don't yet have it!

If you have five heroes you're working on upgrading, by the time you hire the sixth, you should have enough to bring the first on the list to 75 or 100.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

I stopped at Abaddon because that was the last one I could afford. I only have two skills unlocked.

Seriously, I let the game run all night last night after unlocking King Midas's lvl 10 ability for more gold. Woke up this morning and bought 2 heros. Im leaving it on the highest mob I can kill in less than 2 seconds.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Click for full size
Click for full size
said by Savious:

I stopped at Abaddon because that was the last one I could afford. I only have two skills unlocked.

Seriously, I let the game run all night last night after unlocking King Midas's lvl 10 ability for more gold. Woke up this morning and bought 2 heros. Im leaving it on the highest mob I can kill in less than 2 seconds.

My level 10 Grant does more damage than the previous 20 heroes combined.

Upgrading to the next one helps a lot.

I started playing yesterday afternoon, let it on overnight... this is how it was this morning.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
You need to back up and lvl up Alexa and Broyle until you unlock their skills (at either 100 or 125). One has Lucky Strikes (shit load of clicking crits) and the other has +100% gold from killed monsters, which is amazing on farm lvls to get some super fast gold.

While King Midas's gold boosts are very nice, right now (especially early on) you should only worry about damage upgrades, meaning you don't have to take KM past 10 for quite some time. Now he has loads of gold upgrades, so once you're 3-5 heroes ahead of him, go back and max him.
Noiche

Noiche to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Just wait til you get Frostleaf LOL. His lvl 1 form does 99% of all damage in the game (until you get heroes past lvl 1000 in the mid/late game era)

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
You get way more gold with later bosses/monsters even if it takes longer.

And you only upgraded your heroes twice?

Mine are at level 250-350, up to Mercedes and trying to bring them to level 100-200 between Mercedes and King Midas. You get huge bonuses for them as it progresses.

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord to Noiche

to Noiche
I'm waiting until I beat 139 to see if 140 is a prime, if it is not then I'll farm to get my 8-10 HS before my first ascension.

The next run should be interesting.

Noiche
Premium Member
Apo, AP

Noiche to Savious

Premium Member

to Savious
Actually, ekster brings up a good point I think I missed. If you've only upgraded every hero so far twice or so, then you need to go back to the oldest heroes.

Your clicks won't do any good damage until you get Cid (the first guy) maxed out on abilities. I believe he maxes at lvl 150 which is stupid cheap for you now. Since Abaddon is the hero you're currently on, then you should have everyone from the first hero up to Bobby or Broyle maxed out with all boosts (meaning anywhere from lvl 100-150, depending on hero).

Go back and do this now. You'll notice a great increase once finished, and it shouldn't take you more than 5-10 minutes.