spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AntiSnipe
join:2000-11-01
Twin Lake, MI

4 edits

AntiSnipe

[CustSvc] Help With Service Upgrade Gone Bad (Updated OP)

All this took place on Comcast chat and every word is saved on my hard drive. Long story short (as it can be):

I had Basic Internet only at $39.95 (reduced to that from Triple Play a few years ago due them double billing me for modem rent for a year+ and admitting it but refusing to pay it back because I didn't catch them soon enough).

1. 3 days ago 26 OCT 2014 I called (via chat) about recurring slow speeds (by slow I mean dead, can not load any web page or even check email) and a $20 credit owed for Tech no show, no call two months ago.

2. I was immediately involved in a hour+ up-sell where I was offered this quote from chat:
"James > I have here service that will give you 25 mbps internet with a limited basic cable for only $44.99/mo ."

I agreed after making sure that was for 12 months, not 6.

3. A few moments later:
"James > We are all set! We have successfully added Internet plus package to your account. Your new monthly rate will be $49.99 which includes Basic Cable and 25 mbps Internet speed. A one time fee of $9.95 will be added to your next bill. Please note that after 12 months, your promotion will end and your new monthly rate will be $69.95 but no worries, a great deal awaits *snip*" etc, etc.

I then said NO! to the bait and switch to $49.99.

"Clayton (Me)_ > Hey!
James > I am excited to hear you response to the service I've provided you today.
Clayton_ > I just scrolled up, is it 44.99 or 49.99? You said both?
James > A $20 credit will be added on the account
James > Sorry, It's $49.99
Clayton_ > No then!
James > Typo error.
Clayton_ > That's too much
Clayton_ > Sorry
Clayton_ > I won't even use the Television part.
James > This also comes with $20 credit for the tech no show.
Clayton_ > That should come anyway."

Next came much used car sales style pressure sales attempt:
"James: I strongly suggest that we confirm this order now. No commitments on this, in case you change your mind, all you have to do is chat back with us to make changes.
James: you can try this with a 30 day money back guarantee
Clayton_: No thanks."

4. Later James sweetens the deal:
"James > I can also check if blast tier 50 mbps is available to be added on this
Clayton_ > $50 is too much, sorry
James > Great News! I can give free blast tier 50 mbps free for this
James > The regular rate for the 25 mbps is supposed to be $66.95/mo. And $82.95/mo for Blast. I am only giving this package for you for only $49.99/mo"

I reluctantly agree once again...to $49.99, for Blast + whatever TV (don't care).

5. Today, 29 OCT 2014, the self install TV kit arrives, and I hook it up and activate it, at which time my internet speed increase takes effect...but it is only 18/2.5 mbps "kinda, sorta" Performance speed, but not even close to ~50/10 Blast speed!

6. I start another chat to discuss this lovely surprise and am informed they can not give me the deal that was offered, and worse, I am actually on a $54.99 Performance plan, not $49.99 as promised, never mind the Blast!

So, after much yapping and refusing crappy offers...again, I asked for my service to be returned to what it was 3 days ago, 3/768 basic internet only because, after all, "James > No commitments on this, in case you change your mind, all you have to do is chat back with us to make changes". . I was told it could not be done and I should call the office, which is by now closed, of course.

I have all these offers, and the deal that was agreed upon, in writing from the chat, and they are refusing to honor it. Not only that but inform me that I was put on a plan that was never even offered or agreed to at $54.99.

So...what would you do?

Update EDIT: Called in today to talk to them. Hold times, etc were not bad at all (~5 minutes) and was only transfered once. Short version: Much explaining and clarifying what was offered and what was desired, and she said she could ("it let me put it in, so...") give me the original offer of $44.99 Performance speed. So all is good, assuming my next bill reflects that. Speed is already ~there, so no changes needed with that.

Wish me luck on the next bill day!

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck

[CustSvc] Re: Help With Service Upgrade Gone Bad

I would MAYBE call in to retentions (choose the phone menu option to disconnect/cancel service) and tell them you want to cancel; provide a reference number from the chat if you have it. If they ask what they can do to keep you as a customer, tell them you want the deal that you were offered.

And NEVER use chat again; it's worse than phone support, and i didn't think that was even possible.
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb to AntiSnipe

to AntiSnipe
And if you get someone that starts running a sales pitch on you or sounds sketchy then keep hanging up and calling back until you get someone that doesn't do either of those things. You should eventually find someone that WILL make it right (as long as you keep pressing the option to cancel all services aka retentions).
AntiSnipe
Twin Lake, MI

1 edit

AntiSnipe

I did get a reference number from the last chat, whatever that will do for me. OK, guess I call in tomorrow and see if the "raising of a ticket" did anything. Or should I wait 72 hours? I was told I'd get an email (don't have a phone) within that time...but they never EVER call back or email like they say and the longer this goes on, the more they can try to charge me for the "service" I did not agree to.

EDIT: Oh, and while I'm at it, does anyone know of any alternative broadband internet (don't give a flying hoot about TV) services? In the Western Michigan area. I am just pissed enough to actually cancel all Comcast services if they don't start singing a different tune real quick, but realistically have no idea what I could do to replace them.
GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb

said by AntiSnipe:

I did get a reference number from the last chat, whatever that will do for me. OK, guess I call in tomorrow and see if the "raising of a ticket" did anything. Or should I wait 72 hours? I was told I'd get an email (don't have a phone) within that time...but they never EVER call back or email like they say and the longer this goes on, the more they can try to charge me for the "service" I did not agree to.

EDIT: Oh, and while I'm at it, does anyone know of any alternative broadband internet (don't give a flying hoot about TV) services? In the Western Michigan area. I am just pissed enough to actually cancel all Comcast services if they don't start singing a different tune real quick, but realistically have no idea what I could do to replace them.

Call retentions and have them switch your plan on the spot. Opening a ticket and them "calling you back" is their way of saying "we won't do jack shit"
AntiSnipe
Twin Lake, MI

1 edit

AntiSnipe

said by GusHerb:

Opening a ticket and them "calling you back" is their way of saying "we won't do jack shit"

That has been my experience. It's code for, "Put him off a while and he'll forget about it and just pay up".

Edit: See edit at end of original post for results. All good if bill reflects those results.