All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TheDoctorWho
join:2014-10-31

TheDoctorWho

[Cable HSI] How to get around Clear Access crappy page

I can't be the only one disgusted with the dumbed down router management page known as Clear Access. When you try to login to your router 192.168.0.1 (or 1.1 or 100.1) instead of going to the real internal page of your modem/router you get redirected to a severely insulting dumbed down management page. I have a mediacom Hitron modem/router. To get around the page I disconnected the coax cable from the back of the modem then through a wired connection went to 192.168.100.1 and got the real hitron internal page, logged in with the default credentials which are printed on the sticker on the bottom of the modem and voila real honest to goodness GUI. Screwed the cable back on and I was also able to see the signal levels of the modem and some other diagnostics. So there you go, a way around.
chris92
join:2008-09-20
Coal Valley, IL

1 recommendation

chris92

There's also the workaround of just buying your own router and modem .

Anon2
@173.21.237.x

Anon2 to TheDoctorWho

Anon

to TheDoctorWho
Except your settings (set up via local GUI) will eventually be overwritten by ClearAccess so make sure they match. Or just buy your own equipment and don't worry about it.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to TheDoctorWho

Premium Member

to TheDoctorWho
TheDoctorWho See Profile if you would like to utilize one of our gateways along with your own personal wireless router, this can be done, but i would need to get the gateway baselined. What happens when I do this, is all router functionality is removed and the gateway is essentially a standalone modem with one working ethernet port.

As it has been mentioned here before, you can utilize your own personal wireless router. If you have any other questions or service issues, please let me know.
TheDoctorWho
join:2014-10-31

TheDoctorWho

Nah, its not worth it at this point as I'll be moving out of Mediacom's service area in a couple of months. The workaround works just fine. Really the only issue is the firewall doesn't like an old game. Heroes of might and magic III and I can't play on the LAN with other computers unless I go through my other router or just turn the firewall off. Its much easier to just turn the firewall off.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I completely understand. If you have any other questions or issues, please let me know.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan to chris92

Premium Member

to chris92
I agree on that, SB6141 and a GOOD standalone router (Not the $30 Wal Mart Junk) but a real $80+ router) and NOT using Mediacom DNS and Internet been pretty reliable.