spc
Search similar:

uniqs
carltonp
join:2014-08-20

carltonp

[HELP] Cisco Nexus Titanium Image

Hello Community,

Can someone please provide a link to where I can find the emulator image for nexus called Titanium?

I know its been leaked on the internet, however is it possible to obtain the image from Cisco's website?

I really want to train on nx-os, but I can't afford to purchase the hardware

Cheers

Carlton
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

For some reason it's a big no-no to get your hands on that. But very much like you, I also have a new 7k at work to learn. Aside from cbt nuggets, the Titanium image has helped me tremendously in learning.

Torrent search is your friend.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to carltonp

MVM

to carltonp
quote:
What is Cisco Nexus Titanium ?????

Simply put, Titanium is Cisco Nexus' emulation on your VMware machine.
You want to get a feel of Nexus, but can't afford to buy one / your company doesn't have one..... try Titanium.
....EEEEEEEEEEnteresting.

Supposedly a legitimate place to get it is with the purchase of this book .
Otherwise I don't have a whole lot of information myself, and would refer you to the internet's more... illegitimate... source(s).

Regards

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet to carltonp

MVM

to carltonp
said by carltonp:

I really want to train on nx-os, but I can't afford to purchase the hardware

bear in mind -- that titanium isn't really cut out for much more than standard l2 or l3. things like fp, vpc, fcoe, etc -- all don't work on the platform (at least the last time i played with it).

there are pieces of software that will allow for some nifty instantiation of virtual routers for a lab type environment (look at cml) -- but nx-os/v isn't supported in this software (yet).

if you really really want the really real thing -- rack rentals through ine (internetwork expert) will be your best bet.

q.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer to carltonp

Premium Member

to carltonp
From what I've read, possessing the OVA and getting it to work reliably are two very distant things. I have the images, but I've not bothered trying to use them.

Cisco has actually shown running demos of vIOS (L2, L3) and vNX-OS. I don't know that any of that stuff is supposed to be available outside Cisco. ('tho it obviously has leaked.) As I recall, what comes with the books is IOU (or the linux version "IOL".)

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by cramer:

Cisco has actually shown running demos of vIOS (L2, L3) and vNX-OS.

the ccie r/s exam is done completely with iol and l2-iol.
the new blueprint of the ccie s/p will all be virtualized as well.

this has pros and cons -- as with the movement towards "hardware agnostic" virtualized platforms -- comes a removal of a lot of the idiosyncrasies around hardware (think things like cat-qos). on the other hand -- the emphasis is placed on difficulty of the topics that can be thrown at you -- as well as on things like tshoot, etc.

that being said -- my experience with titanium has been complete shit -- even when instantiated through cml. things like xr-v, csr1000v, and the ios-v -- work well (to some degree) though caveats exist (especially on the xr-v platform) due to the removal of some of the functionality done through the npu and lpts complex on the asr9k that has yet to be virtualized into the software.

q.