dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

[CATV] Annoying DVR issue

Whenever i record ANYTHING on CBS at exactly 1:45 in, the sound goes away for 30 secs. this issue is reproducable.
when sound comes back its fine for the rest of the show.
box is a cisco 8642HDC

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Does it happen no matter what channel your watching? How do you have the receiver connected to the TV?

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX to dvd536

Premium Member

to dvd536
Since I am on Ignore, dvd536 will not see this...

This is also happening to me on all my TiVo DVRs. I was wondering if any one else was seeing it. It is not every show, but several. So it must be an issue with the feed.
Maltz
join:2011-01-08
Fayetteville, AR
Calix 844G
Netgate SG-2100
Ubiquiti U6-LR

Maltz

said by BryanInPHX:

This is also happening to me on all my TiVo DVRs. I was wondering if any one else was seeing it. It is not every show, but several. So it must be an issue with the feed.

I've seen this on my Tivo occasionally, too, though I never thought much of it. I'll pay more attention to the show and channel next time it happens...
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41 to BryanInPHX

Premium Member

to BryanInPHX
also in noticed in Omaha, so might be network or whole cox issue.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

has to be a cox issue because this doesn't happen if i watch cbs live.
Maltz
join:2011-01-08
Fayetteville, AR
Calix 844G
Netgate SG-2100
Ubiquiti U6-LR

Maltz to dvd536

to dvd536
Ok, I just saw it happen on a Food Network show, but the audio only was silent for about 3 seconds, not 30. It wasn't recorded that way, because when I restart the show from the beginning, without leaving the show, then the audio plays fine. But it is reproducible if I go back to live TV and then restart the show from the beginning again from there. So I'm not sure if this is the same issue or not, but I do think it is a fairly recent development.