Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

[Movies] Channing Tatum as Gambit?

quote:
20th Century Fox has hired RoboCop co-writer Josh Zetumer to write the script for Gambit, the "X-Men" spinoff that has Channing Tatum attached to star. Tatum will also produce with his Free Association partner Reid Carolin, The Donners Company's Lauren Shuler Donner, and Genre Films' Simon Kinberg. Zetumer's script will be based on a treatment by Chris Claremont.

Created by Claremont and Jim Lee in 1990, the New Orleans native mutant quickly became a fan favorite due to his kinetic energy manipulation abilities and penchant for stealing. The character's only big screen appearance to date (outside his name being featured as an Easter egg in X2) was in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, played by Taylor Kitsch.

The studio has not yet set a release date for the film, though Gambit is expected to follow the character's debut in 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse.
Looks like Apocalypse will be a summer 2016 release.

»www.comingsoon.net/news/ ··· Hq1lHtDg

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I can't see him as Gambit. Why not just bring back the same actor from X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Taylor Kitsch?

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Putting age aside, why not have have Adam West play Batman instead of Ben Affleck? IMO there is only ONE Batman, and that is Adam West, the rest are pale imitators.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Because while great to watch as a kid, Adam West's Batman was not true to the original Batman as created in the comics; it was a bit of a campy version suitable for all audiences during the 60's.

They are looking to make Batman more realistic, darker, and grittier, as was intended in the original comics/graphic novels.
Aarond
join:2014-10-31
romania

Aarond to SixOfNine

to SixOfNine
I agree, Taylor Kitsch would be perfect for it...I just don't see Tatum really getting this character down.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
said by Alpha Phoenix:

Because while great to watch as a kid, Adam West's Batman was not true to the original Batman as created in the comics; it was a bit extremely campy version suitable for all audiences during the 60's.

They are looking to make Batman more realistic, darker, and grittier, as was intended in the original comics/graphic novels.

Fixed it

I'll be honest "The Dark Knight" was a very dark gritty series,and I did like it, but the 60's batman was so over the top, and was much more enjoyable for a general audience.

A few more weeks and the series comes out on Blu ray.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to SixOfNine

Premium Member

to SixOfNine
It's just my opinion but I think Channing Tatum has about as much acting ability as a block of wood with abs. But the chicks dig him. I've always liked Gambit and hope he doesn't screw it up too badly. Although I can't imagine him even getting the accent right.

Adam West's Batman was a great deal of fun and I love catching a re-run of it. I was watching an episode the other day and they were looking for some place that was producing counterfeit money:

Robin: Gosh, Batman, if we could just puzzle out how funny money is handed out by a bank.

Batman: Good thinking, Robin! Time for us to fishing, if you ask me.

Chief O'Hara: Fishing?

Commission Gordon: But where, Batman?

Batman: Where the fishing is always best, Commissioner. From a shady bank.

»www.tvrage.com/Batman/ep ··· es/18022

How awesome is that line? He wouldn't last five seconds in the Justice League though...
Sniper3142
Slapsho3142
join:2002-01-25
Tustin, CA

Sniper3142 to SixOfNine

to SixOfNine
said by SixOfNine:

quote:
20th Century Fox has hired RoboCop co-writer Josh Zetumer to write the script for Gambit, the "X-Men" spinoff that has Channing Tatum attached to star. Tatum will also produce with his Free Association partner Reid Carolin, The Donners Company's Lauren Shuler Donner, and Genre Films' Simon Kinberg. Zetumer's script will be based on a treatment by Chris Claremont.

Created by Claremont and Jim Lee in 1990, the New Orleans native mutant quickly became a fan favorite due to his kinetic energy manipulation abilities and penchant for stealing. The character's only big screen appearance to date (outside his name being featured as an Easter egg in X2) was in X-Men Origins: Wolverine, played by Taylor Kitsch.

The studio has not yet set a release date for the film, though Gambit is expected to follow the character's debut in 2016's X-Men: Apocalypse.
Looks like Apocalypse will be a summer 2016 release.

»www.comingsoon.net/news/ ··· Hq1lHtDg

Well he's got the general look and build.

But can he pull off the ACCENT?!?

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

It's just my opinion but I think Channing Tatum has about as much acting ability as a block of wood with abs. But the chicks dig him.

I think it's more like eye candy.
91862239 (banned)
join:2011-10-15
Brownsville, TX

91862239 (banned) to SixOfNine

to SixOfNine
Click for full size
hope they get the eyes correct this time see in the comix they are glowing red