uniqs

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax

Premium Member

Network Printer That Doesn't Fax Wants to Know the Time?

I have a Lexmark E360dn monochrome network laser printer. All it does is print. It does not scan, copy, or fax. Nevertheless in the settings you can set the time for it. You can even set it to connect to an NTP server for the exact time. I figure the reason it wants to know this is for logging purposes if you want it to keep one.

However I would like to know if it also uses the time to declare your toner "expired" no matter how much toner is in it. I've had a high-yield toner in it for over a year now and am curious if it's about to be declared as such. Anyone have such experience with this? Thanks.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I do not know about Lexmark, but as far as I can tell HP runs that ink limit off of an internal clock. I suspect they all do. As long as there is power to the printer the clock runs.

MacGyver

join:2001-10-14
Vancouver, BC

MacGyver to Astyanax

to Astyanax
That printer has a built in web server and SNMP, so the clock function would be useful to broadcast time-stamped messages about the printer being out of paper or toner or needing some other attention.

Astyanax
Premium Member
join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax

Premium Member

said by MacGyver:

That printer has a built in web server and SNMP, so the clock function would be useful to broadcast time-stamped messages about the printer being out of paper or toner or needing some other attention.

Forgot about that feature. Thanks for the info!