spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dablueslover
@166.170.14.x

dablueslover

Anon

I need a Gear

Hello, I have a JVC FL-J45 turntable and this weekend the gear that operated the tonearm return is cracked. It is pressed on the servo shaft, under the platter. I have had this since it was a month or 2 old & has worked flawlessly until now. I'd hate not to be able to repair it, as it is a much better TT, than most being made today.

NeverYouMind
@74.75.218.x

NeverYouMind

Anon

Are you sure it's not an JL-F45? I can't find an FL model.

I can't really find much info on parts leads either way. My advice would be to just remove the gear and use the TT as a full manual.

dablueslover
@166.170.14.x

dablueslover

Anon

Yes sorry for the typo, it is a JVC FL-J45. I have purchased a few other tables & just do not compare to the quality & tonal reproduction of this one. I am using it to archive my vinyl collection.

NeverYouMind
@74.75.218.x

NeverYouMind

Anon

I hear ya! I went through 3 or 4 pieces of rubbish before finding a Kenwood KD 2070 DD TT cheap locally in my small town of 2,000 people. It's fully manual with decent tuning controls like speed adjustment and an anti-skate weight mech. I love it.

Maybe you can find a donor table somewhere. Take measurements and count the teeth on the gear and search for that, post the info here and I'll help. Best of luck!

sweller
join:2009-04-25
Tucson, AZ

sweller to dablueslover

to dablueslover
Is the gear just split? Nylon or some other polymer?

If it's accessible, I'd try a clamp and a carefully placed drop of superglue.