uniqs

sfogliatelle
We Is Whut We Am
Premium Member
join:2002-05-29
Baton Rouge, LA

sfogliatelle

Premium Member

[OS X] Yosemite & MS Office for Mac 2010 compatibility?

Haven't yet made the switch to OS X 10.10 yet. Have had Office for Mac 2010 installed for almost as long as I've had my mid-2010 MacBook Pro, which is running Mavericks.

Try as I might I have been unable to determine whether Office for Mac 2010 is Yosemite compliant. Have seen plenty of references to Office for Mac 2011's ability to play nicely with Yosemite.

It wouldn't be much of a heartbreaker to uninstall it, especially since it came with install discs. Still, you'd think *some*where out there there'd be someone asking a similar question. That, and the just-over-a-shade-above-$100 is a burden I'd prefer not to have to endure.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME

lordpuffer

Premium Member

Take a look here for the apps compatible with Yosemite:

»roaringapps.com/

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to sfogliatelle

Mod

to sfogliatelle
2011 you mean?

It's fine. Your 2010 Mac will be slow though.

sfogliatelle
We Is Whut We Am
Premium Member
Baton Rouge, LA

sfogliatelle to lordpuffer

Premium Member

to lordpuffer
Thanks, but I'd been there. Only reference to Office for Mac i could find was for the current, 2011 version.
sfogliatelle

sfogliatelle to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
Slow. Well, that's a ton more info than I've up to now been able to glean. As mentioned, I found boo coo on the compatibility of 2011.

I was surprised (and dismayed) on the lack of hits "Yosemite and Office for Mac 2010 compatibility" generated; not a one from any of the Apple forums.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet to sfogliatelle

MVM

to sfogliatelle
»en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ ··· versions

there is no 2010 version for the mac.
2008 and 2011.

maybe the reason there is no reference is because it doesn't exist?

q.

sfogliatelle
We Is Whut We Am
Premium Member
Baton Rouge, LA

sfogliatelle

Premium Member

Duh. Shows ya how many times I use the app! There was a critical update for it just a week or so ago; you'd think I'da noticed what f-ing version it was!

Thanks for the wake-up call, tubbynet See Profile. I will now attempt to remove the egg from my face.

buckingham
Doylstown Pa
Premium Member
join:2005-07-17
Buckingham, PA

buckingham to sfogliatelle

Premium Member

to sfogliatelle
There was a small issue with Mac Lync with Yosemite, but there was a workaround. MS just updated that a couple days ago and I suspect that was one thing that was fixed. Otherwise, I've had no issues with Office 2011 on either of my Macs, both running Yosemite.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet to sfogliatelle

MVM

to sfogliatelle
no worries.
also -- i upgraded both of my macs to yosemite. both had office 2011 -- fully updated. no issues to date.

q.