uniqs
parsonos
join:2014-11-04

1 edit

parsonos

Blast - only getting 3.5mb download even though upload is normal

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced a situation like this: [attt=1]
I live in Philly and have Comcast Blast (105) but it's been only giving me between 2 and 4mb download the past few days. The upload is right where it says it should be, which is why it's especially messing with me. I don't understand it. I had some issues with Comcast a few weeks ago that were resolved eventually, but this is entirely new. I own my own modem, a SB6121, and my router is a linksys WRT320N running DD-WRT.

Just before writing this I restarted both modem and router and then had Comcast initiate a refresh signal to my model, all without any impact at all. Any thoughts on my annoyingly slow speeds?

Thanks for the help!

-KP

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt

Premium Member

Did you try other test locations? (occasionally the test site may have an issue.)
what happens if wired directly to the modem? (you will need to powercycle everything to get a new IP, and again when you go back to the router)
Can you post a screen shot of the SIGNALS and LOG pages from the modem?
thecw
join:2014-10-15
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

thecw to parsonos

to parsonos
I pulled your speed test history, you've had bad speed for a while.

CMTS and node look good. New Castle and Plainfield speed test servers are working normally. Your signals are golden. Boot file is correct for the blast tier of service.

Did a speed test from my home modem (conveniently on the same CMTS) to Plainfield and New Castle and no issues.

Sending you over to someone who can investigate further.
parsonos
join:2014-11-04

parsonos

How are you able to see my speed test history and signals? Do you work for Comcast? I appreciate the help, I'm just curious how you got so much info from my original post. Thanks!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

3 recommendations

Sunny to parsonos

to parsonos
I received an alert to this topic. I have received no assurances through official Comcast communication that anyone other than those listed in this FAQ entry are authorized to support Comcast customers on this site officially.

I can't assure you that thecw See Profile has been authorized by Comcast to support their customers here, no can I explain how thecw See Profile is able to determine who you are to this degree without you giving your account details including modem MAC, if "he" even can.

I'm guessing, if that post is accurate and "he" has access to data on the speed test servers, "he" might be able to determine your IP address and, with enough access to the Comcast account info, be able to view signals, boot file, etc.

As a customer, this makes me very nervous. I won't be using the Comcast speed test servers because of it.

I am going to close this topic. Everyone else should probably think about it and determine what they want to do.

I will contact authorized Comcast support folks who frequent this forum, see if they wish to comment. If so, I may open this topic again.

cHarley
join:2013-07-10
Boynton Beach, FL

cHarley to parsonos

to parsonos
Yea, I was wondering the same thing, LOL. Especially since it's thecw's first post here.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG to thecw

Premium Member

to thecw
said by thecw:

CMTS and node look good. Your signals are golden. Boot file is correct for the blast tier of service.

Wouldn't you need the MAC address of his modem in order to query that info ?