uniqs

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

Call of Duty advanced warfare, anyone buy it?

Anyone buy call of duty advanced warfare.
I bought the game, it kicks ass...
I have ps4...

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

I didn't. I played a couple of the Call of Duty games and they all seemed like the same thing just reskinned, and with newer weapons.
I too have a PS4
DemonicLlama
Premium Member
join:2007-11-19
Arlington, VA

DemonicLlama to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Kinda done with COD and Battlefield on release, I prefer ARMA but I think both are decent series.

basit
join:2003-11-25
Portsmouth, VA

basit to SuperNet

to SuperNet
I got it for the Xbox, so far it has been a lag fest, but that is to be expected the first few days/weeks when a new game comes out. I like the game for the most part, but I wish there was a way to play it without all the exo-skeleton crap. The flying around is just stupid, reminds me way to much of titanfall or halo. Kids probably like it, but I'm older and would like to play something a little more down to earth. Even the guns have no resemblance to anything that actually exists, unlike the older COD games, where you had actual guns, like a MP4, SCAR, SAW etc. Now I have laser beams and who knows what else, since I haven't unlocked them all. I will play it, but will probably keep going back to COD black ops 2, which is a better game. At least it's better than the last one "Ghosts" which was a piece of crap.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

said by basit:

I got it for the Xbox, so far it has been a lag fest, but that is to be expected the first few days/weeks when a new game comes out. I like the game for the most part, but I wish there was a way to play it without all the exo-skeleton crap. The flying around is just stupid, reminds me way to much of titanfall or halo. Kids probably like it, but I'm older and would like to play something a little more down to earth. Even the guns have no resemblance to anything that actually exists, unlike the older COD games, where you had actual guns, like a MP4, SCAR, SAW etc. Now I have laser beams and who knows what else, since I haven't unlocked them all. I will play it, but will probably keep going back to COD black ops 2, which is a better game. At least it's better than the last one "Ghosts" which was a piece of crap.

I have it and like it... I dont mind the exo skeleton stuff (and I am not a kid...45 ) ... The laser weapon is lame for sure. I liked titanfall (dont care for halo though).

I wish they would do a WW2 shooter again (or even WW1)

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

What kind of guns do you guys use?

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

ARX-160 with a Thermal

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
I picked up the Xbox One COD bundle yesterday. I figured it was finally time to get a new system. I played for about an hour and I actually enjoyed it. I am not usually a fan of COD, but with the 1tb harddrive it just seemed like the right console to get. I also picked up Titanfall for 20 bucks and will give that a try later today.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
join:2002-11-22
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2 to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
I've got it for PS4. Been using the HBRA3 with the movement scope and double mags. Some games I do great. Others I do awful.
Nerve
join:2010-01-04
Raleigh, NC

Nerve to SuperNet

to SuperNet
I picked it up for PS4 and am trying to like it, but I just can't. It lags like crazy right now and I'm not a huge fan of the boosting. It looked like Titanfall to me (which I liked), but it's really not. I tend to play the Classic mode when it does seem to run smoothly to cut out the boosting. There are a few things that I find pointless like customizing a character that I can't see and time expiring gear. I skipped COD:Ghosts and probably should have skipped this one too.

To be honest, I could probably adjust to the boosting and other things that I don't love if it didn't lag so bad for me. It's just a little too frustrating for me to handle now.

I guess I will go back to Sunset Overdrive until this stuff is cleared up on PS4.

Kulldar
Premium Member
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI

Kulldar to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
I picked it up for xbone this weekend and it seems pretty good. My biggest complaint just like everyone else is the lag fest. Had 3 games in a row yesterday that lost connection with the server host half way through.

ehhh hey
@192.200.241.x

ehhh hey to SuperNet

Anon

to SuperNet
i quit giving money to the franchise when they let modders/cheaters/wanna be hackers have free free reign of the game in multiplayer. i really don't like trying to chase invisible opponents. and already, with the newest game, reports of modders are showing up. i might buy a used copy and try it out though.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
I would get this title but ONLY for the SP. I can't play this game online. It's too annoying with kids yapping about. Morons that feel they need to play music while they're playing but still have to have the mic on. Plus its boring and not life like. Yes it may be pretty and play smooth. But when you can take endless amount of time behind a wall that should break down when taking gun fire, it just dumbs it down too much for me.

I like being able to blow up a wall or get into a vehicle if I feel like it. Take that vehicle strap C-4 to it and drive it, then dive out just before it goes through a window or wall.

COD online just lacks content to me.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

It is what it is. A twitch shooter. I'm always in a private chat party so I am never bothered by the annoying COD tough guys. There are days I prefer the Battlefield style shooter, and there are days when I just need a quick couple games (COD)
DSMdude
join:2012-06-30
Kitchener, ON

DSMdude

I just picked up a Xbox one and havent been into FPS/TPS since the SOCOM series for the PS2. Which is better for a quick online pickup and play as I dont have allot of time to invest.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

Personally I think COD is better for the quick no time invested fix. Battlefield is closer to the SOCOM style.

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

I started a clan on CoD(ps4 network), if anyone wants to join please let me know.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to cbrigante2

Premium Member

to cbrigante2
said by cbrigante2:

Personally I think COD is better for the quick no time invested fix. Battlefield is closer to the SOCOM style.

I agree with the BF4 part.

Kulldar
Premium Member
join:2008-11-11
Warren, MI

Kulldar to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
Anyone else "lose connection to host" or "host service is down" often? Seems like one of every three games I play I'm having some sort of connection issue booting me.

cbrigante2
Wait til Next Year
Premium Member
North Aurora, IL

cbrigante2

Premium Member

What does your NAT type come back as in the game?

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
I bought this one over the holidays with some Christmas bucks and was pleasantly surprised. I'm not normally a multiplayer guy but really enjoyed the campaign to this one and have been having fun with the multiplayer. I leveled up to like 35 over a couple days. I've been absolutely owning with the EM1 heavy laser weapon. Went 20 and 6 on one of the maps with that thing, which is unheard of for me.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to SuperNet

Premium Member

to SuperNet
I actually had the option of getting COD for 40 bucks. But opted out for FarCry 4 for just a little less. And wow...that game is really cool. And the campaign map is HUGE. I haven't played it online yet so that could be trash, I dunno.

But the campaign offers side missions just like FC3. It all looks better though on the better systems.

Heck the foliage looks really good. It doesn't look like the normal construction paper-type plants and shrubbery that you see in most games. When using the mortar, it gives you an overhead view of the land so you know where your shot is gonna land. And when you're scanning over the land, the way trees look, remind me of what trees look like on a train set.
You're now able to fly with a home made looking 1 person helicopter to scope out and plan how you want to take a base. Or make a long trip a short trip.

It's not a perfect game. And I can say a bunch of things that aren't true to life that make you say, "aw come on man!". Like having to practically empty an AK47 into a Honey Badger to kill it. ...that may have been put in there for the humor of it.

But it's a fun game none the less.

If COD stays in the 40 dollar range I may get it.