onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

GTA5 in first person

Gotta say, that's pretty damned cool. Although some of the fun is watching your character take damage. But it's nice to have the option to use that view.

»youtu.be/ValqBCvtQUM

banditws6
Shrinking Time and Distance
Premium Member
join:2001-08-18
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

At first I thought this was gonna be that old video of the guy who hacked GTA to offer a first person view. But this is a legit new view mode option, complete with weapon animations and functional gauges on vehicle dashboards.

Looks like so much fun.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by banditws6:

At first I thought this was gonna be that old video of the guy who hacked GTA to offer a first person view. But this is a legit new view mode option, complete with weapon animations and functional gauges on vehicle dashboards.

Looks like so much fun.

I thought that too when I first seen it displayed on YouTube. I was ready to close it out. Then when I seen it was REAL, i was glued to it.
It puts a new perspective on the game. It actually puts YOU in the crazy world of GTA.
Can you imagine if they put this view in in preparation for the VR headset? ...wow!

banditws6
Premium Member
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

Yeah, I agree. It doesn't sound like a big thing on the surface, but this really has me giddy for some reason. I sold my copy of GTA V for 360 when I heard it was coming to PC, and this has me even more excited. Hopefully this will be a feature included on all of the updated release platforms (X1, PS4, PC).

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by banditws6:

Yeah, I agree. It doesn't sound like a big thing on the surface, but this really has me giddy for some reason. I sold my copy of GTA V for 360 when I heard it was coming to PC, and this has me even more excited. Hopefully this will be a feature included on all of the updated release platforms (X1, PS4, PC).

I'm sure it will be on all systems. ..can't see what it wouldn't be.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
I could've sworn GTA V already had a first person view. I know I can use that when I'm driving.

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

Weirdal

Premium Member

said by Alpha Phoenix:

I could've sworn GTA V already had a first person view. I know I can use that when I'm driving.

There's a bumper cam in vehicles, but no first person mode in vehicle or on foot...

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by Weirdal:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

There's a bumper cam in vehicles, but no first person mode in vehicle or on foot...

Ah yeah, I forgot about that bumper cam.
So that's how they were able to make this happen then. Seems like it would have been relatively easy.

Weirdal
Premium Member
join:2003-06-28
Grand Island, NE

1 recommendation

Weirdal

Premium Member

said by onebadmofo:

said by Weirdal:

said by Alpha Phoenix:

Ah yeah, I forgot about that bumper cam.
So that's how they were able to make this happen then. Seems like it would have been relatively easy.

What do you mean? They had to do work on the interiors of every vehicle and make working dials/gauges/displays. There's no way it was easy. If you want an example of a crappy first person translation of GTA, just go download any of the first person mods for GTA4. Try that, and then just look at the care Rockstar took when doing it themselves:
quote:
Nelson and his team have worked tirelessly to make this new perspective not only work but feel totally immersive. The fastidious attention to detail that originally went into the creation of GTA 5 is once again evident in the way first-person mode has been executed. When you step inside a car for the first time and settle down into the driver's seat, you'll notice the vehicle has a thoughtfully-designed dashboard %u2013 the speedometer and gas dial all work and, in some of the more high-end cars, digital displays even show the name of the radio station and song you're listening to. Your character will even bob his head to the music. And that level of detail extends to every car, boat, and plane; they all have unique cockpits, so you're never just plonked behind the same wheel. (Oh yeah, you can even duck down behind the steering wheel if you're being shot at.)

Hop on a bike or jump into a helicopter, and your character puts on a helmet or a set of goggles that authentically restricts your view and muffles the ambient noise of the world. It's these details, seemingly incidental, which cement the illusion and make GTA 5's first-person mode feel like a substantial part of the experience, rather than a bullet-point on the back of a box.

»www.ign.com/articles/201 ··· ive?read

banditws6
Premium Member
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

Wow. I didn't dare hope that every vehicle had a unique interior/dash design, but Rockstar has come through in the detail department again. Awesome!

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to Weirdal

Premium Member

to Weirdal
said by Weirdal:

What do you mean? They had to do work on the interiors of every vehicle and make working dials/gauges/displays. There's no way it was easy. If you want an example of a crappy first person translation of GTA, just go download any of the first person mods for GTA4. Try that, and then just look at the care Rockstar took when doing it themselves:

»www.ign.com/articles/201 ··· ive?read

Oh wow that's a whole ass load of detail there. from the audio changing when helmets are put to every single dash layout being different.

See I though the dash layouts would all be the same with little changes here and there. But wow... now you'll want to get into every vehicle again just to see what it looks like on the inside.

Very cool.

I wonder if you fist fight in FP?

banditws6
Premium Member
Frisco, TX

banditws6

Premium Member

said by onebadmofo:

Bahahaha. Trevor rampage in first person?

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by banditws6:

said by onebadmofo:

Bahahaha. Trevor rampage in first person?

Or pick up a hooker in first person.

Geeks be like, "Oooh this must be what it's like!"

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
I like the new view. Can't wait to pick up PS4 version!

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

well, 8 more days. That is if it's still being released on the 18th of this month.
pablothespic
join:2003-05-04
Winter Park, FL

pablothespic to onebadmofo

to onebadmofo
cant wait until next tuesday. I have my copy preordered through amazon to get the in game money. I heard that Target is giving 30 dolllars credit on used copies of gta 5 for ps3 and xbox360 if you put it towards credit for next gen gta 5.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

I just might sell my PS3 when I get this for PS4. MIGHT sell it. If I do, it'll be to a family member who doesn't have a gaming device.
I would occasionally go back to PS3 to play it. (doing so can release stress for me since it's funny and random)
pablothespic
join:2003-05-04
Winter Park, FL

pablothespic to onebadmofo

to onebadmofo
Same here. I stil have a huge backlog of ps3 games to get through.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
I'm getting ready to sell my PS3 soon. As a matter of fact, I'll be selling it on the forum.